Millions Needed To Fix Local Congestion

bigboyz05

More than $211 million dollars is needed to eliminate the worst level of traffic congestion in Texarkana but there's no money available. According to Texarkana's RMP, the region nees 174 extra lane miles to address congestion at it's worst. Here's the link to read more: http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news03.txt

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't worry too much about it, really.

The only area of Texarkana that really worries me is from Central Mall on up Richmond, north of I-30 toward Pleasant Grove. The rest of the city is still very maneuverable, and I hope it stays that way. St. Michael Drive, from Richmond to Summerhill definitely is more congested than 5 years ago, but it's really not bad until you hit Richmond. That Richmond intersection really should be reworked, and Texarkana needs to try and see to it that new developments focus on other areas rather than the Richmond Road area.

Yes, that's it. There's also a shopping area behind it called Texarkana Pavillions. Further down the access road hundreds of more acres are being plowed up to make way for hotels, shopping, apartments and office complexes. When all this stuff is built it will truly be a nightmare! That frontage road goes right into Richmond Road and the traffic will be hell times 2. If that weren't enough I-30 has an exit at Richmond where daily traffic counts have now exceeded 81,000.

Seems like I've heard of a large shopping development around there. Could it be Richmond Development?

Richmond Ranch and Texarkana Pavilion. And there is another large one still in the planning stages just to the west toward Nash. I'm sure Darius can name that one for me. I know it's a Richard Reynolds development, but the name evades me. It's where Gander Mountain currently sits as the first anchor.

Archived