Saturday Night in Nashville

MidTenn1

Went to the open house at the new Schermerhorn Symphony Hall Saturday Night and was overwhelmed. It was as beautiful looking and sounding as advertised.

But, it's Nashville and there is something for everybody on Saturday night, downtown. At the river stage, the Orange County Chopper Boys were preparing to do there little traveling road show, so that crowd mingled in with the usual Saturday night honkytonkers and tourists to fill up the streets and stores.

There's always something going on downtown, whether it's hockey, concerts, conventions or recitals, so the busy street activity is typical Nashville.

Busy sidewalks;

SymphonyArt030.jpg

Sidewalk Shadows

SymphonyArt027.jpg

3 spires of Broadway

SymphonyArt031.jpg

State bird

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

excellent post!!! i was out there this whole weekend. unfortunatly i wasn't able to go to the schermerhorn. did you see second ave. today? it was lined all down both sides of the streets with bikes. i would have loved to have been there when they started them all up.

I was back in town from school just this weekend with two friends, their first time to Nashville. It was a great weekend to be in downtown with a lot going on, of course I wasn't surprised. And also not surprisingly, my two friends loved the city and can't wait to come back...so many of the latest additions were the things that impressed them the most.

Archived