Governors Mansion

stjoe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah I see you are a breast man.............when it comes to chicken. <_< Yeah that is a rooster, but technically it's still a chicken, just different anatomy.

And to bring this back to topic: You know they serve chicken at the Gov. Mansion, but my question is do they change chefs and kitchen staff every time a new Gov. is elected or do the same people get to keep their jobs after the change? Same question really for all support staff there.

Great question. I'd love to be invited over for dinner. It sure would be nice if the Governor's mansion had more of a presence in Tallahassee rather than being cocked behind a tacky repair shop and hidden under all of those trees. I'd like to see it more resemble what we find in DC. Rather, I wish we would try to model Tallahassee after DC instead of some of the other cities we "admire".

I don't think crack was around when this bldg. was built in the 1950's. Besides Tally didn't extend much past 7th Avenue back then. Also I believe this was the site of the original Gov. Mansion that burned in the 1950's, so it's been there a long long time.

I do agree than the entrance/front of it could be better off Monroe for sure. I don't really think it's in a bad part of downtown. Behind it a few blocks the neighborhood changes drastically, but even that area is on the upswing. I don't think the folks in The Grove, Associated Industries, Lafayette Park, the new condos downtown or those moving into new townhouses along the one-ways (Bronough/Duval) think this is a bad area of town at all. What do you want, the Gov. Mansion in Southwood???

If you think our location is bad, you should see the Gov. Mansion neighborhoods in Montgomery, AL and Trenton, NJ...now that's some scary stuff.

P.S. Is that Bruce Carlton Jordan I see hiding in the bushes ? :D

Archived