Chesnee residents seek to unincorporate their town

vicupstate

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I think that would be a bad move on Chesnee's part. The person metioned who opposed this move was right, there would be no controls on how things are developed in the town as Spartanburg County has weaker regulations and no zoning.

The town should first audit itself on all fronts and determine ways to improve itself. There are probably ineffeciencies and duplicated service in some places. Other towns in Spartanburg County have managed to exist without finiancial problems, so something tells me Chesnee is not doing something as well as it could be.

Ah, ok. In that case, it would make consolidation that much easier. You would have one less entity to voice their opinion on the matter. However, I don't have a lot of confidence in the success of consolidation, so I'd prefer to see the town continue to live.

Archived