Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

30 Story Green Giant to appear on skyline.

50 posts in this topic

Well, the scaffolding has been up for awhile on Plaza Tower, but just this past week I got a peak of what the new facade will look like. Miami Dolphins Green. Yep, that's right. The whole building is being reclad with this awkward green, with tinted green windows. The white vertical columns you see will be entirely covered by the new facade. I was happy when I heard AA's "skyscraper" was getting a facelift. But do you think a 30 story green box on the skyline is acceptable? I'm really worried!! I have pictures, I'll try to post them later.

Entirely. I mentioned it awhile back somewhere around here. The scaffolding has been covering the building for about 6 weeks.

Wow, I can't believe its going to be green. I didn't think it could get much uglier then it was before.

Can you find out who's doing the recladding and take some pics, and stuff? I really try to keep up on things like this, and that came out of the blue.

I did take pictures, but no one wants to check out my AA mini development thread :(

I think it will eventually look much better. I love green glass. It'll look much better than the current dull concrete and gray box.

Are there any pics of this thing? I can't visualize a Miami Dolphin green building... that will sure stick out.

Looks like they got the first level of apartments done on the south side.

It looks better with the sun shining on it, than in the shade.

Heh, well I can't exactly change the title lol. I guess we can pretend for now.

It doesnt look quite as bad as it sounds. I guess we'll see for sure though when the whole side is clad.

statedude3, you're right, it doesn't look too bad. it will be interesting to see how it finishes up.

it reminds me of the newly expanded GVSU engineering expansion where they used a similar shade of green glass. (link below) my only concern is that it does look fine now, but what about in 10-15 years?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...16226&st=80

I just saw an article stating that, currently, only the south and east sides are being reclad. That sounds like a very strange way to do this. It then goes on to say that the managers of the tower don't know if they'll do the north and east facades.

Doesn't that sounds strange?

I just saw an article stating that, currently, only the south and east sides are being reclad. That sounds like a very strange way to do this. It then goes on to say that the managers of the tower don't know if they'll do the north and east facades.

Doesn't that sounds strange?

I'd post the article or link, but I'm afraid of getting suspended (again and again and....).

All facades are currently having work done. There are some spandrels getting replaced between the windows on the East and West facades.

East and West spandrels will be GRAY. They had five levels completed as of today. The South side (GREEN) has about six floors done as well. The North side has seen no work yet, so I take back my statement above.

LMich, just post the link and say something about it from your personal thoughts. Or just send me the link and I'll post it.