30 Story Green Giant to appear on skyline.

wolverine

Well, the scaffolding has been up for awhile on Plaza Tower, but just this past week I got a peak of what the new facade will look like. Miami Dolphins Green. Yep, that's right. The whole building is being reclad with this awkward green, with tinted green windows. The white vertical columns you see will be entirely covered by the new facade. I was happy when I heard AA's "skyscraper" was getting a facelift. But do you think a 30 story green box on the skyline is acceptable? I'm really worried!! I have pictures, I'll try to post them later.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

statedude3, you're right, it doesn't look too bad. it will be interesting to see how it finishes up.

it reminds me of the newly expanded GVSU engineering expansion where they used a similar shade of green glass. (link below) my only concern is that it does look fine now, but what about in 10-15 years?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...16226&st=80

I just saw an article stating that, currently, only the south and east sides are being reclad. That sounds like a very strange way to do this. It then goes on to say that the managers of the tower don't know if they'll do the north and east facades.

Doesn't that sounds strange?

• 2 weeks later...

East and West spandrels will be GRAY. They had five levels completed as of today. The South side (GREEN) has about six floors done as well. The North side has seen no work yet, so I take back my statement above.

LMich, just post the link and say something about it from your personal thoughts. Or just send me the link and I'll post it.

Archived