NorthWest Arkansas Renaissance Festival

I designed a flyer for the NorthWest Arkansas Renaissance Festival coming to Fayetteville on Oct 28 & 29. The people presenting the RenFest don't have a logo so I designed the Coat Of Arms logo for them. It's blazon is "Gules, three roses Argent." Technically it's "Gules, the words NorthWest Arkansas RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL Or between three roses Argent," just to cover my butt... but really who would know? :blink: It's also the arms of Willebrord Snell van Roijen (1581-1626), Dutch and also the modern arms of the HNLMS Snellius of the Dutch Navy... all trivial I know. :P

Let me know what ya'll think.

265819511_8735091806_b.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am tickled to see a Renaissance Festival initiated in NWA. My first visit to Scarborough Faire south of Dallas in Waxahachie was so cool! It was an amazing village out in the middle of nowhere. I hope NWA's festival is successful, it is repeated next year, and it grows. Yeah!

I am tickled to see a Renaissance Festival initiated in NWA. My first visit to Scarborough Faire south of Dallas in Waxahachie was so cool! It was an amazing village out in the middle of nowhere. I hope NWA's festival is successful, it is repeated next year, and it grows. Yeah!

Scarborough Faire is awesome. I used to go there every year when I lived in Dallas. As long as expectations aren't set too high. Fayetteville's RenFest should be quite enjoyable with a decent mix of music, comedy, merchants and some food. I hope there's enough support to make it as big as the Oklahoma RenFest in just a few years. There's some newly updated information, pictures, and downloadable flyers at the NWA Renaissance Festival Website. I fa everyone would please download and print any of the flyers from their website and post them at work, send them to everyone you know in emails and give some copies to your local favorite businesses, it could help to make it bigger in coming years.

• 3 weeks later...

The first day of the Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival went well. A lot of people showed up, but not nearly as many as the Horse Festival at the same place did a few months ago. My family and friends had fun although there wasn't much to do between shows, but my son loved it so it was a success! The SCA was there and actually had their own event across the street from the RenFest. They take the Renaissance very seriously and while they're known for their medieval combat reenactments they are very skilled musicians using authentic medieval musical instruments. There were quite a few people their in their renaissance garb and overall everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, even if some of them had never been to a RenFest before. Anyone who asks what "huzzah!" means has never been to a RenFest. :lol:

There's still one more day to take a peek at what RenFest's are all about. The Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival is open from 9am to 7pm at the Pauline Whitaker Equine Pavilion in Fayetteville. From I-540, take the Hwy 112 exit and turn south. You can't miss all the bright tents in front of the huge arena pavilion. Only $5 for adults and children 12 and under are free!

Oh yeah that's this weekend. I would like to check it out maybe take some pics too. But it's also peak for the fall foliage too. Hopefully they'll have it again next year and have it on a different weekend. Although maybe they picked this weekend because there wasn't any football game and no big arts fairs going on. Guess it makes it hard to pick a weekend if that's true.

Oh yeah that's this weekend. I would like to check it out maybe take some pics too. But it's also peak for the fall foliage too. Hopefully they'll have it again next year and have it on a different weekend. Although maybe they picked this weekend because there wasn't any football game and no big arts fairs going on. Guess it makes it hard to pick a weekend if that's true.

I'm still trying to get some feedback about how well the NWA RenFest did and will post what I find. In the meantime some of you Fayettevillians might find this interesting:

"The mayor came out here earlier and he said that he wants me to have this festival in the Square next year, since they aren

I'm still trying to get some feedback about how well the NWA RenFest did and will post what I find. In the meantime some of you Fayettevillians might find this interesting:

Personally, I don't think the Square would be big enough for this event and where would they setup all the stages and the jousting area?

As for the turnout:

Read the whole article here:

[url="http://www.nwanews.com/story.php?paper=nwat

I admit I'm not sure how much space would be needed and whether the Square would be big enough. If the Square is big enough I do think that might help some people 'find' it. Nice to see that the mayor seemed interested in it. By the way the article you posted a link to doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Go down and walk around. Ask D.Coody to meet you there and see what he's willing to offer for space. There may be more space than you think. Or you may find none of the parking lots are large enough for a jousting area. Past Autumnfest estimates at Saturday parade time (peak) have been greater than 5,000 to 10,000 guests on the streets.

• 7 months later...

Hey everybody,

Just thought I would drop a line and let you guys know that, yes, we are having the Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival again this year. I haven't updated the website yet, but we have already more vendors than last year, including the vendors that were there for our first year. We are also having it at the same place, but redesigning the layout so that it's a little less spread out and more congruent for the needs of the vendors and entertainers.

Don Upton

Hey everybody,

Just thought I would drop a line and let you guys know that, yes, we are having the Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Festival again this year. I haven't updated the website yet, but we have already more vendors than last year, including the vendors that were there for our first year. We are also having it at the same place, but redesigning the layout so that it's a little less spread out and more congruent for the needs of the vendors and entertainers.

Don Upton

• 1 month later...

So far, this year, we have 29 vendors, and not all of the vendors from last have chimed in, but they did say at last year's faire they would be back. We also have more entertainers this year than last. We have a yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NWA_ren_faire/

I took your original heraldry for the faire and combined it with a Celtic boar (razorback) idea that you had on the second heraldry. Take a look on the group site.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
So far, this year, we have 29 vendors, and not all of the vendors from last have chimed in, but they did say at last year's faire they would be back. We also have more entertainers this year than last. We have a yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NWA_ren_faire/

I took your original heraldry for the faire and combined it with a Celtic boar (razorback) idea that you had on the second heraldry. Take a look on the group site.

Don

We had newspaper and television news coverage thanks to the mayor. He made a few calls and they swarmed us.

Don

Thats a cool flyer.

I may have missed it last year, but is there any news coverage of the event?

Make sure you contact KNWA and the others and I'm sure they will cover it.

Archived