Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miesian Corners

B of A Corporate Center

42 posts in this topic

Noticed last night that the crown of the Corporate Center is pink. Is this a breast cancer awareness item, or has Pride moved to October?

Cool! Do you have any pics? Or does anyone know of any pics?

It's been like that before, but I really think it was just that the regular floods were off for whatever reason and that pink hue was the reflection of the red FAA lights off the stainless steel.

^ Nah, check it out tonight. The floods are all the way down the crown, not just the top or the corners. It is uplit in pink.

Can someone please take a pic of this if they can? I love BofA in different colors.

Whatever the reason, its a good thing. We need more color in this city. I can't wait until some of the more colorful projects are done in Uptown. They will help to make the skyline look less corporate and stodgy.

Nope, I noticed that too. But I also definitely saw the pink yesterday. Perhaps they are practicing for something in the future.

Or maybe they were trying to do orange for the Bobcats who are in preseason.

Yea, I was just driving up Independence and I didn't notice the pink. I was admiring the skyline view with my father, seems that would've stuck out a little.

Orange and pink are similar when brightly cast, so that may have been it. A deep orange is probably a hard color to light up bright enough to be seen from afar.

I have hear reports of pink elephants on Tryon Steet too.

who woulda thought. :whistling:

Coulda been that dub and MC were both staring at the world through blood-shot eyes?? Maybe? "Dude.. that's totally pink... man. Hey, so's my car... and my dog. Weird..."

LMAO @ TC :)

There is a row of "spikes" on the south facing side of the crown that was dark last night. Maybe their changing out bulbs and experimenting.

So maybe MC and dub weren't smoking 420 after all. Well, maybe they were, who's to say ... but regardless, there does appear to be some redness atop the Bank tonight. It's very faint though. What could they be trying to tell me?

dude, 420 can give one the sense of wearing rose-colored glasses, but I can assure you I've not celebrated that date or time in quite a long while. It was pink. I swear!

Well they did have the Race for the Cure the breast cancer 5k downtown last weekend...so lighting it up pink would have made sense.

I like when it shines Carolina Panther's blue as well as the lights inside some of the offices forming giant paw prints :)

Okay, so this is definitely for the Bobcats. It is much more orange than it was the other day. My guess is it was off yesterday as they were making adjustments. Today, it is definitely closer to the Bobcat's color. It is not a coincidence, in my mind, that the Bobcats are just now starting to gear up.

Sorry for all the pinko gays with breast cancer than wanted it to be pink ;). But it just support for basketball to be fair after doing the blue for the panthers.

Well from First Ward it looks Red.

redbofa.jpg

I think they have it lit up Red since this is race week and the race is the "BofA 500"

It would not make sense for BofA to light up in Bobcats orange since Wachovia is their official bank.

Well from First Ward it looks Red.

redbofa.jpg

I think they have it lit up Red since this is race week and the race is the "BofA 500"

It would not make sense for BofA to light up in Bobcats orange since Wachovia is their official bank.

I am not digging it. I have to be honest, I like the BofA tower in Prestine white. Just me I guess. If we were going for color, I think Wachovia should do either a Green or Blue Top on their HQ bldg. Or better yet, I like the idea of uplighting the bland old Wachovia tower that mesian corners has mentiond many times. I think that was suppose to happen and the colors were actually suppose to change every few seconds. Now that is a bldg that would look good in color. Keep BofA in its original lights.

A2

Ok, I just took a picture. Keep in mind the night light thingaboob picks up a LOT more light here than you can see in real life. Sadly, it's no where near this bright.post-425-1160615104_thumb.jpg

post-425-1160615104_thumb.jpg

Ok, I just took a picture. Keep in mind the night light thingaboob picks up a LOT more light here than you can see in real life. Sadly, it's no where near this bright.post-425-1160615104_thumb.jpg

You must be in 4th ward tc :) . I still don't dig it though, even if it really appeared as bright as it did in your quick pic.

I am really partial to BofA staying prestine in white lights. I remember when I was a child and my parents took me to see the lights around our house at Christmas time, I was the kid who liked the uniformity of the white lights versus the big colored bulbs that most of the other kids really liked. I have carried that partiallity into my skylines I guess. Either way, I love BofA HQ and would like it any color, but just prefer the white.

A2

Doh... uptown beat me too it. I have mixed emotions. If it were brighter and the lighting more consistent, it'd be kinda cool. Right now, it just looks like the big dimmer switch is all the way down. It's a little sinister looking, which is kinda nice for the holidays. Maybe they could temporarily rename themselves 'SatansBank'.