B of A Corporate Center

Doh... uptown beat me too it. I have mixed emotions. If it were brighter and the lighting more consistent, it'd be kinda cool. Right now, it just looks like the big dimmer switch is all the way down. It's a little sinister looking, which is kinda nice for the holidays. Maybe they could temporarily rename themselves 'SatansBank'.

:lol:

Here is what is really scary. My mom used to always joke about it, in my Judeo-Christian upbringing. She used to always tell me that Christmas was always about "Christ" and that all the little boys and girls seemed to always focus on that little, worldly distraction called Santa. She would always rearrange the letters of happy, jolly, Santa to read S-A-T-A-N !!! :w00t: She contested that Santa took the focus off the "real" meaning of 'Christ'mas. Then she went into her issues with the Santa's (oh, I mean Satan's) little helpers who were the evil elves who did his bidding.

Ok, I am going to quit while I am ahead. :lol:

It is kind of interesting though when you think about it. :P

A2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that they change the crown color now for special occasions. I just wish the crown was a little more reflective to make the colors really shine. I don't know how the Bank of America tower in Miami does it because they light that up in many different colors for just about every occasion and holiday and it looks amazing at night. My guess is much more powerful lights then what the corporate center currently has because the skin of the entire BofA tower in Miami is pretty much the same material as the crown here but with windows. Maybe corporate center should find out what Miami is doing right and get the same lights and color filters they use down there.

The blue with snowflakes on the BofA Tower in Miami is usually what they do for Christmas. It does look great. Also my favorites are red, white, and blue for 4th of July and all green for St. Patrick's Day. If you get a chance do a search for pictures of that building at night and you can see all sorts of color combinations they do for that building. It is impressive.

If it was for the Bobcats, they should have used the blue they used for the Panthers for the lower part of the crown since the Bobcats have both colors. It would make more sense for what they are doing it for. For all we know just the redish orange color could be for the race, the Bobcats, or even halloween. Here is a example of what I mean with both colors...

bobcats.jpg

And all this time I thought the orange lights were for the Clemson game over at Bank of America Stadium last night.

You know that sort of makes sense. I mean, the Panther Blue only (usually) shows up in the playoffs, the bobcats aren't in the playoffs, so maybe you're right. We'll see if they keep it up now that the game/slaughter is over.

I'd say it is red for the race this weekend. I mean, this is B of A's first year as a sponser for a race and they are sponsering the race at Lowe's so it would make sense to have the red on the corporate center. Plus, I wouldn't think they would do bobcats orange for preseason, but maybe on opening night against the Pacers.

I'd say it is red for the race this weekend. I mean, this is B of A's first year as a sponser for a race and they are sponsering the race at Lowe's so it would make sense to have the red on the corporate center. Plus, I wouldn't think they would do bobcats orange for preseason, but maybe on opening night against the Pacers.

Yea, but NASCAR's official color isn't technically red, it's several colors. And if you go by the sponsor for the "Chase," Nextel, then the tower would be lit up yellow. I did notice today for the first time that you get a great unobstructed view of downtown from the north at the corner of Morehead and N Tryon, right next to the speedway.

Yea, but NASCAR's official color isn't technically red, it's several colors. And if you go by the sponsor for the "Chase," Nextel, then the tower would be lit up yellow. I did notice today for the first time that you get a great unobstructed view of downtown from the north at the corner of Morehead and N Tryon, right next to the speedway.

Red is the official color for BofA and it's their race, so red makes sense to me.

I actually emailed BOA a few years ago, when the crown was completely dark for a month (it was around October or November). Their response was that they used the building as a "visual measuring stick" as they raised money for something (I think indeed it was Breast Cancer). As the company received money and pledges, each floor would light up when a certain goal or amount of money was met...if the company met that year's overall goal, the entire crown and building would be lit up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived