Two City Plaza

richyb83

TWO CITY PLAZA was approved @17-stories Oct 2nd at the planning meeting.

I was able to get a revised rendering.

2cityplaza001og9.jpg

Two City Plaza office tower will rise above the right-half of this parking lot

at City Plaza; Fourth Street @ Convention Street

A multi-level 5 or 7-story parking garage will be located on the remainder

of the parking lot.

cityplazaipe8.jpg

The planning commission meeting approved this at 17-stories;

as did BRBusiness Report. However this Advocate article says 18-stories

at today's Downtown Development District meeting. Who knows??

Could this be a work in progress?? Regions Bank will be an anchor tenant.

Leases being negotiated should be signed within three weeks.

Two City Plaza is expected to break-ground Jan. or Feb. 07', with a

completion date by the end of 08'.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/4357626.html

* I had posted this new rendering on BR Growth & Dev. last week and it had 12-post(including mine) a great response!

So I figured Two City Plaza deserved it's own thread.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWO CITY PLAZA was approved @17-stories Oct 2nd at the planning meeting.

I was able to get a revised rendering.

2cityplaza001og9.jpg

Two City Plaza office tower will rise above the right-half of this parking lot

at City Plaza; Fourth Street @ Convention Street

A multi-level 5 or 7-story parking garage will be located on the remainder

of the parking lot.

cityplazaipe8.jpg

The planning commission meeting approved this at 17-stories;

as did BRBusiness Report. However this Advocate article says 18-stories

at today's Downtown Development District meeting. Who knows??

Could this be a work in progress?? Regions Bank will be an anchor tenant.

Leases being negotiated should be signed witin three weeks.

Two City Plaza is expected to break-ground Jan. or Feb. 07', with a

completion date by the end of 08'.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/4357626.html

* I had posted this new rendering on BR Growth & Dev. last week and it had 12-post(including mine) a great response!

So I figured Two City Plaza deserved it's own thread.

Nice! Great to see that it got approved!!

Anyway, on the 17 vs 18 thing, it's probably 17 actual floors but numbered 1-12 and 14-18. Most buildings over 12 floors don't have a 13th floor... it's a superstition thing. :)

• 1 month later...

II City Plaza to BREAK-GROUND in April. Finally announced!!!!

The article has II City Plaza at 16-stories; when it was approved at 17?? The rendering is a bit confusing.

Either way it's more than the original 14. Great design, very millinial looking :shades: The night-time lighting will be as good as any in BR; including the State Capitol and Shaw Center. This large building at 16-stories(with 30 ft. spire)+incline will definitly impact the skyline and fil-a-void in the southern CBD. Seeing multiple cranes downtown all at one time is exciting stuff!!! RiverPlace will start before II City Plaza.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/4861941.html

Same rendering I posted aabove from meeting. :thumbsup:

:yahoo: Yay! it's good that they finally have a set date that's not during the huricane season. I'm so excited! :D

Even if this building is not super tall, it is going to apear huge as City Plaza I is pretty big and in the picture it is dwarfed so image what City Plaza II will be like.

• 2 weeks later...

In Nate's Skyline Battle's the city's number of # 600'ft. buildings; 400ft buildings; and 200ft. buildings are included. Two City Plaza will qualify bec. it will be over the 200ft. mark!!! :w00t: With the spire tip included I believe it could be 240"ft.??? if I had to guess. Not the tallest building, but tall enough to qualify. Two City Plaza will have a nice impact on the Skyline between Chase Bank Tower and the Governmental Bldg. And the exterior lighting will make it more impressive at night too!

This is one of the slides from the DDD North Blvd. Town Square Power Point Presentation

The B & W schematic of the new Two City Plaza on the left is more impressive than the color rendering on right; if you count closely it's 17-stories, that's what it was approved at. DDD Project list it at 18-stories.

WBRZ or WAFB said 16. I don't understand why? all the different floors??

riverfrontyk5.png

*Notice how tall the penthouse levels are on top + the 30'ft. spire

I'm guessing it will top-out at 240-250'ft.??

• 2 months later...

A small change for City Palza 2.

Costs cause II City Plaza plans to change

Plans have changed for Mike Wampold's II City Plaza office building on North Boulevard. The developer says construction costs have caused the building's parking garage to be built as a separate structure instead of as the lower levels of the 260,000 square-foot building. Construction of the office building is set to start early this summer and finish by December 2008.

^Is that really a small change?? Won't that effect the height of the building??

The Hurricanes seriously shot cost $$$$"out the roof" along the gulf coast. <_<

I was thinking that the garage floors would just be regualr floors. I hope it doesn't effect the height.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking that the garage floors would just be regualr floors. I hope it doesn't effect the height.

This will effect the height of II City Plaza plenty :stop::( Having the parking garage deck under the office tower was just too $$$expensive. So the parking deck will be seperate. Can you say??? $ :shok: "Sticker Shock". This kind of sucks because it won't be nearly as tall as Chase Towers. Hurricanes have shot increase $$$ construction thru the roof, materials, labor shortage,etc. around the Gulf Coast have really screwed things up. $Price of steel had already been jacked-up by China's super development frenzy way before the hurricanes.

On a more +positive note: The new II City Plaza will be the nicest looking office building in the CBD downtown. Especially at night :camera: especially at the upper-levels and spire. This will "bulk-up the skyline in the southern CBD along with new Courthouse.

An example>>> of $$ is RiverPlace; was originally set at $50million before hurricanes is NOW $$75million!!!!!

This will effect the height of II City Plaza plenty :stop::( Having the parking garage deck under the office tower was just too $$$expensive. So the parking deck will be seperate. Can you say??? $ :shok: "Sticker Shock".

I thought those would just be replaced with regular floors !! :shok: This does super suck, oh well, as long as it gets built I guess. It seems like our only hope now for anything tall is for some national developer to develop something. But then maybe once RiverPlace is finished all the developers watching to see what will happen will come out of the wood work.

REALLY? I haven't heard anything new about River place. It be nice if they go up together!

It definetly will be interesting to see in 07'. By late Summer all three should be underway(RiverPlace, II City Plaza, and New Courthouse); and be going up all at the same time. Can only speculate which one will start first?? Anybody got a guess??

With Downtown BR's skyline lacking; all these projects will help. Anything for a malnutritioned skyline.

Yeah Dan, RiverPlace will have people all over the South's attention and taking notice :shades: when it's finally completed. A vertical neighborhood is just what the riverfront needs downtown! People around here need to accept the fact. It's not an "ego" thing...it's why does everything have to be shorter boring and boxy??

I realize tall buildings do not make a vibrant place. Great street level action makes vibrancy. RiverPlace and the mixed-use Advocate site will help vibrancy from street-level.

I could kick myself for not asking when the mixed-use office and condo's at the old Advocate site would begin??

Yes it will still be very nice BRPJ :shades: I don't mean to sound so negative just because II City Plaza will be more vertically challenged now. It will be the nicest office building in downtown; and at night the most well "lit-up" bldg. along w/ State Capitol.

The downtown skyline needs all the help it can get; every little bit will help. It going to be built at a excellent location. II City Plaza and the new Courthouse a block away will help add more bulk on the southern end of the CBD.

Yes Dan, great work once again! Be on the look-out later on...I'll be posting some photo's of the future II City Plaza view from North Blvd. Town Square. I will play around with it on Google Sketch. So Dan, feel free to post what you did above somehow "rotate it" on to the pic. >>I'll post it on Future Construction site thread.

^I decided to post it here instead. Maybe this is a better picture(angle?) for II City Plaza than what I just posted on BR Photo of the Day??

BEFORE

feb07020fo9.jpg

AFTER

Taken next to the RiverCenter.

*From this angle II City Plaza will be about a block behind the library probably covering the "communication tower" in 1st pic; nowhere near as tall as the Chase Bank Tower; but since Chase Tower is over a block further-away is just looks smaller. This should bulk-up the skyline in the southern CBD.

feb07020pw0.jpg

Please excuse the reduce crappy looking Chase Bank Tower; please view full image

^I decided to post it here instead. Maybe this is a better picture(angle?) for II City Plaza than what I just posted on BR Photo of the Day??

BEFORE

feb07020fo9.jpg

AFTER

Taken next to the RiverCenter.

*From this angle II City Plaza will be about a block behind the library probably covering the "communication tower" in 1st pic; nowhere near as tall as the Chase Bank Tower; but since Chase Tower is over a block further-away is just looks smaller. This should bulk-up the skyline in the southern CBD.

feb07020pw0.jpg

Please excuse the reduce crappy looking Chase Bank Tower; please view full image

Wow, thats a good view. i never really observed the skyline from that angle.

City two plaza is gonna make a perfect fit. Wow, I really can't wait for river place though.

Thats gonna change everything!

Archived