North Korea has exploded an Atomic Bomb

monsoon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't see an invasion on north korea. knowing that the north has nuclear capabilities, they would surely use that on our ground forces. we would use strategic bombing for the most part. this is what kim is truley afraid of. we could launch a fleet of f-117s and b-2 and take out all of their most important strongholds before they even know what hit them. we also have subs that sit right off the coast along with battleships and carriers that can send a ton of missles and ordinance their way. our technology has changed quite a bit since the 50s. also, while the topography is somewhat similar to afganistan, bombing would be more effective seeing how we'd have a definate target in an army as opposed to small groups of guerilla fighters. even bush (i no way do i support his policies on anything) isn't dumb enough to send a ground invasion to north korea. we simply don't have the manpower right now and we also aren't willing to take that risk. in iraq we already knew they didn't have any wmds so we knew a groud invasion would be somewhat of a cake walk. i don't see china really backing n. korea this time if there is a continuation on this war. we both rely way too much on each other's economies. if china broke off economic ties with the united states, they would lose their largest comsumer. don't let the commuist flag fool ya, they are capitalist to the core.

The main problem with our situation in North Korea goes back to our previous administration that gave nuclear technology to appease Kim Jong and make "peace". We actually trusted this dictator to be prudent and sensible in the usage of this technology. This naive, foolish action has now put us into a far more precarious position.

Yeah, this is another "blame Clinton" for Bush's failures. I always say the proof is in the pudding and N. Korea abandoned it nuclear plans the entire time Clinton was in office. UN inspectors routinely verified this fact.

Kim did not resume his nuclear program until after Bush took office when Bush withdrew diplomatic relations, tried to starve the country, and started calling the country the axis of evil. Bush has made the world much more dangeous and the situation in N. Korea is yet another example. Lets remember again which leader has made unprovoked attacks on another country (two for that matter) and the one that hasn't. Oh and BTW, Bush has requested funding to develop two new types of nuclear bombs. I hardly think he has the moral high ground on this one.

I am amazed by the people who call themselves Christian who are so vindictive, looking to blame everyone for something, and willing to go to war (as long as they don't have to fight in it). Seems to me this isn't the approach that Jesus Christ would have taken.

We are reaping what our administration has sewn and everyone that voted for them should take part of the credit and blame. Diplomacy has been such a bad word until recent months with the administration and now it is awfully late in the game to give it a try.

Still feeling safer?

^ Metro, since you will remind me of how I need to leave my religious views out of this, I would hope that you do the same. I only mentioned the Christan conservative in context to what Charlotte native said about killing Ann Coulter. Please do not defend his comment.

We are reaping what our administration has sewn and everyone that voted for them should take part of the credit and blame. Diplomacy has been such a bad word until recent months with the administration and now it is awfully late in the game to give it a try.

Still feeling safer?

Give it a break -- if you can't read intent into comments, especially with the string of comments that came before it, the problem is yours. FOR THE RECORD: I don't want Ann Coulter dead, maybe just muted!

IF this is true, why are their missles being tested now not seeming so accurate? Why are we questioning the recent test -- they were still trying to confirm it was, indeed, atomic and it doesn't seem it went so well. If they could produce AND launch them back then, what has happened in the meantime to make what they have seem a bit shaky and not too reliable?

Fact is this: on Bushes watch they detonated a nuke. Period.

Of course they had the capability to produce the weapons. Nobody has disputed that. We are talking about actually producing the weapons which they never did under Clinton...

The fact remains, despite the fact they had the "capability" to produce nuclear weapons, they did not under the Clinton Administration and in even subjected themselves to UN verification. They scrapped all of this when Bush began the war mongering...

Metro, this is flat out WRONG! I can't go into details because the information is still classified, but I don't know how I can be any clearer about this: the "capability" means that they can do it!! NOT to just produce, but also to LAUNCH! The ability to launch means that they already have something TO LAUNCH. Your blind hatred for Bush is exasperating, and it's preventing you from knowing the facts. The US did not target something with its nuclear arsenal that is "suspected" or "unfinished". Believe me, if we're going to use a nuke on a target, it will be on something extremely significant and relevant.

Metro, you weren't in the military, so you don't know the parameters of classified material. All of the information I have provided is deemed unclassified, and I'm not giving out any secrets. No, admitting I was briefed on classified stuff does not violate my oath, as a matter of fact, this fact is pretty obvious for anybody that is involved in operations, especially the military.

As usual, you resort to authoritative tactics to any position that is contrary to yours. My opinion is just as valid as yours. My comment is an observation of your remarks. I was not derogatory, insulting, or bashing anyone. I noticed how a forumer who agrees with your position was not even reprimanded for wishing someone's death...this is the reason I need to avoid coming to this part of UP. I need to let you guys enjoy discussing one side of the issue without any debate.

Of course, you have to debunk my argument with generalizations of "Bush's play book". :rolleyes:

..... I noticed how a forumer who agrees with your position was not even reprimanded for wishing someone's death...this is the reason I need to avoid coming to this part of UP. I need to let you guys enjoy discussing one side of the issue without any debate.

Of course, you have to debunk my argument with generalizations of "Bush's play book". :rolleyes:

That is because I, like most others in this thread recognize that as a joke. That is much different than accusing another forumer of hate which nobody has done in this thread as far as I know. If I am mistaken on that, I am sure you will let me know but until then, you really don't have a case to stand on.

If you come into this part of UP, attack others, and say you have secrets that you can't talk about but that is why everyone else is wrong, then don't act supprised when people take you to task for it.

I would like to hear what Bush has done in the last 6 years to stop Kim Il Sung from getting the bomb, but there isn't one Bush supporter that I know that can answer that question. The only thing they can do is blame Clinton for the mess. Sorry, but Bush was elected to office in November 2000. Today is October 2006. I would say that in that amount of time he should have done something about it, but I suspect that his obsession with blowing up Iraq is the reason that he hasn't. So lets blaim Clinton. :sick:

Archived