Ortiz vs. Shamrock, The Final Chapter

dimebag1980

Anyone here like the UFC (Ultimate Fighting?)

As expected, Tito Ortiz laid the smackdown on Shamrock, and then Shamrock confirmed his retirement from the octagon. Two and a half minutes into the first round, Shamrock was OUT cold. After the fight, once Shamrock finally came to, he decided to bury the hatchet. And like true warriors, the two finally made amends and the feud is over.

Next up for Tito... Chuck Liddell. THAT, my friends, will be one awesome blood bath!! :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't get to see the fight cause i was at work. i figured it would have been a first round knockout by ortiz. he owns shamrock. shamrock is really too old to be fighting anymore. he definatly isn't in the same shape that randy couture is in. i'm glad he finally decided to retire and quit acting like a fool.

i didn't get to see the fight cause i was at work. i figured it would have been a first round knockout by ortiz. he owns shamrock. shamrock is really too old to be fighting anymore. he definatly isn't in the same shape that randy couture is in. i'm glad he finally decided to retire and quit acting like a fool.

Agreed! I was VERY glad to see Shamrock go. I never have liked him in UFC and I never did like him on wrestling. At 42, he's way too old for a blood sport like UFC.

And yes, in typical Ortiz vs. Shamrock fashion, it was over FAST! The 2-1/2 minutes actually surprised me. I thought Tito would get in there and take him down right away, but Shamrock actually put up more of a fight than usual.

In the end, the smart-@$$ Shamrock is out and Ortiz moves on to bigger, badder opponents... like Chuck Liddell. He's a MUCH more worthy opponent and that will be an awesome fight!

Agreed! I was VERY glad to see Shamrock go. I never have liked him in UFC and I never did like him on wrestling. At 42, he's way too old for a blood sport like UFC.

I'm happy to see Shamrock leave too, he's been past his "prime" for quite some time now, IMO. It was about time...

About the fight...well, good thing it wasn't on PPV! ;) But then again, I wasn't even expecting that to go more than one round at the most, so seeing Shamrock out only 2 1/2 minutes in really didn't suprise me at all.

UFC under its new ownership has done a good job at increasing its fan base by leveraging Spike for free events and its Ultimate Fighter reality series.

Yes sir, no doubt! The fact that the Ortiz vs. Shamrock fight was free made my day. But one that's not going to be free, Ortiz vs. Liddell, in December, will be well worth the money.

The UFC is a very well-organized business as it currently is. Dana White, it turns out, is a great businessman.

I'm happy to see Shamrock leave too, he's been past his "prime" for quite some time now, IMO. It was about time...

About the fight...well, good thing it wasn't on PPV! ;) But then again, I wasn't even expecting that to go more than one round at the most, so seeing Shamrock out only 2 1/2 minutes in really didn't suprise me at all.

Very true... if anyone expected that fight to last more than 1 round, they were in for a big surprise. I don't know anyone who would have expected it. On the other hand, I did enjoy some of the other fights of the night. Would it be worth paying the money for PPV? Not to me... but then again, to see Shamrock retire is almost priceless! :D

Next up for Tito... Chuck Liddell. THAT, my friends, will be one awesome blood bath!!

Great topic ! Did you see Liddell and Ortiz the first time ?? That was a blood bath on Ortiz, I was surprised Liddell won so easily. Those guys are warriors in the ring. Part II should be a great showdown.

Great topic ! Did you see Liddell and Ortiz the first time ?? That was a blood bath on Ortiz, I was surprised Liddell won so easily. Those guys are warriors in the ring. Part II should be a great showdown.

I never did get to see it, so that's why I'm excited to see it happen this time. All I've ever seen of that fight have been bits and pieces.

I'm ready... :) And you're right, they're both warriors.

Did we really need to see a Shamrock/Ortiz III?

i think the only person that needed to see shamrock/ortiz 3 was ken shamrock. and yeah, that first liddell/ortiz fight was a good one. ortiz needed a beating like that. it was kind of a real welcome to the ufc. come to think about it, ortiz has only been beat by the best of the ufc : guy metzger (who he really got to tap but the ref didn't see. this is also the reason that ken shamrock hated tito. at the rematch tito handily beat metzger and put on a shirt that said "gay metzger is my beotch" then proceeded to give ken shamrock's team, the lions den, the one fingered salute), frank shamrock, chuck liddell and randy couture. can't wait to see liddell and ortiz go at it again. i'm kinda thinking liddell is gonna win this one though. just something about his knockout power that is scary. he has some of the heaviest fists i've seen, plus he is excellent at take down evasion. nobody goes standup with liddell. not even tito. now if tito can somehow get liddell on the ground, then liddell might be in some trouble. i call it liddell with the k.o. in the second round.

Archived