Tigers vs A's

tony speller

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not to rain on your parade but it was 5-1, nonetheless I'll take a W anyway we can get it.

However, the Oakland crowd was certainly disapointing in terms of its empty seats and enthusiam. I think the Detroit crowed will be even more intense for round 2. I can't wait!

I wonder why none of the "experts" are giving Detroit much of a chance to win this series. Against NYY they all said "Well the Yankee offense is just so good" and now they said "The A's pitching is just so good". Last I checked, the Tigers pitching wasn't too shabby, and they can rack up runs with the best of them

The Tigers had the lowest ERA in the league this past year. Maybe b/c none of their pitchers are 'name' pitchers like Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina, Barry Zito, etc. However, I like the Tigers' results much better.

I think the Tigers fell out of the media's favor with their late season struggles.

Detroit is on fire, which is a good thing, hopefully they can rest up a bit before Game 1 of the WCS. Is Robertson scheduled again for game 1? Seems to me, that he's been the start on the road for the first two rounds and has done decent, maybe have him slotted for game 3?

Detroit is on fire, which is a good thing, hopefully they can rest up a bit before Game 1 of the WCS. Is Robertson scheduled again for game 1? Seems to me, that he's been the start on the road for the first two rounds and has done decent, maybe have him slotted for game 3?

Man, I'm still blown away by that. To think the league doormat for so long has gotten this far...I was a (casual) fan of the Tigers, but since they beat my A's, I might have to reconsider that :)

Seriously, though, what a turnaround for the Tigers. I wish the A's had won, but I give props to the Tigers for their good play.

Archived