Small plane or helicopter crashes into NYC building

Neo

I'm hearing reports from a friend that works for a newspaper that a small plane or helicopter (at this point it is unknown) has crashed into an NYC residential building. I can't find anything on the net for this and I do not have access to a television.

*Edit: The NY Times is saying that this is on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

CNN.com now has pictures up.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

so far looks like it was an accident, but they're putting fighter jets above major cities "just in case".

I'm hearing reports from a friend that works for a newspaper that a small plane or helicopter (at this point it is unknown) has crashed into an NYC residential building. I can't find anything on the net for this and I do not have access to a television.

*Edit: The NY Times is saying that this is on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

CNN.com now has pictures up.

it's on the corner of 72nd st and york ave... at one point, CNN said it was near rockefeller center (which was completely untrue). now they say it's near the east river (which is very true).

Kind of sick, actually.

They seem to be having a lot of problems getting their stories straight right now in their rush to draw every ounce of news out of the story. Have they narrowed down on what kind of plane exactly it was/ They seem to have that bit confused.

frankly, i miss the times when news took several hours to break. of course a plane flying into a building is almost always terrorism because of what happened on 9/11/01. i'm surprised they didn't pre-emptively raise the threat level.

Archived