Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Small plane or helicopter crashes into NYC building

13 posts in this topic

I'm hearing reports from a friend that works for a newspaper that a small plane or helicopter (at this point it is unknown) has crashed into an NYC residential building. I can't find anything on the net for this and I do not have access to a television.

*Edit: The NY Times is saying that this is on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

CNN.com now has pictures up.

Thanks for posting this.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

Thanks for posting this.

It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

so far looks like it was an accident, but they're putting fighter jets above major cities "just in case".

I'm hearing reports from a friend that works for a newspaper that a small plane or helicopter (at this point it is unknown) has crashed into an NYC residential building. I can't find anything on the net for this and I do not have access to a television.

*Edit: The NY Times is saying that this is on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

CNN.com now has pictures up.

it's on the corner of 72nd st and york ave... at one point, CNN said it was near rockefeller center (which was completely untrue). now they say it's near the east river (which is very true).

New York Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle was known to be the piolet of the plane, he is dead at 34 years old.

Cory Lidle's entry in Wikipedia has been updated to reflect today's accident. Every "is" has been changed to "was," etc. It's quite strange to see it change so soon afterward.

Kind of sick, actually.

They seem to be having a lot of problems getting their stories straight right now in their rush to draw every ounce of news out of the story. Have they narrowed down on what kind of plane exactly it was/ They seem to have that bit confused.

Kind of sick, actually.

They seem to be having a lot of problems getting their stories straight right now in their rush to draw every ounce of news out of the story. Have they narrowed down on what kind of plane exactly it was/ They seem to have that bit confused.

frankly, i miss the times when news took several hours to break. of course a plane flying into a building is almost always terrorism because of what happened on 9/11/01. i'm surprised they didn't pre-emptively raise the threat level.

Heard about this too today at school but nobody panicked or went crazy over here in Central Jersey. As far as i heard, only two people have died and that was the pilot and the instructor. Thankfully, no civilian causalties.

When I was coming down the stairs yesterday my mom told me about it and I thought it was terrorism but thank God it wasn't.

One thing that bothers me, I have heard some sports reporters comment how he really wasn't that "great" of a pitcher for the Yankees. Jeez, have you not heard of common decency, how rude to make comments like that right after someone has died! :angry:

Wow, I didn't hear that. That's horrible though to be saying stuff like that right after someone dies.