CL's things to do to be a true Charlottean

voyager12

Some of them were rather funny....."go redneck yachting on LKN, "Start an office pool on the final light rail cost" Check out dirty books and read aloud at Meck Cty Commission Mtg" Get married and have babies" "Hang out over the I-85 Overpass and watch all the bands pass us by going to Chapel Hill and Atlanta" "Compare and contrast everything to ATL and and conclude at least that our traffic is not as bad" and finally "Complain that Charlotte is lame and do nothing to make our city better". :lol:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its just me but i was pretty dissapointed with this list, most did not make any sense and were not funny although, the bojangles part was pretty good though.

I made a "you know your from the Pines" list about a year ago and it got so popular on Myspace/Facebook that some people are using it on their profiles/groups they formed without crediting me! :angry:

I purposely put in some of the more tongue in cheek listings. A few places I frequent made the list: Common Market, Bookbuyers Used Books, Niche,and The Penguin, so if I was going to take this seriously which its obviously not meant to be..I am a pretty good charlatan :lol:

Unless I missed it........not mentioning Manifest on South on this list was a mistake. Its better than the one in Charleston. I love it It's so slacker grungy music storesque. Have not been to the Columbia store. I was there today and picked up a bunch of cheap CDs. I could amble around there for hours :yahoo:

I have some gripes with Manifest.

I don't like how they put all the CDs in the racks with the title edges pointing to one side. You can't read them quickly when browsing. I asked the clerks once if they'd mind rotating them... and they even said other people have asked... no change. :angry:

Every single CD is in a plastic lock case, so you can't sample anything without a clerk's help. (Well, OK, the dollar CD rack is open for self-help listening....)

The Manifest in Columbia is huge, but *brrrrr* do they turn the A/C on in there! Bring a jacket.

Archived