Shreveport Convention Center

dimebag1980

I figured this building deserves a topic of its own, and the first thing I want to post here is this...

Brookshire's Grocery Company, based in Tyler, TX, has been in the Shreveport-Bossier City market for 45 years now. Back when the first Shreveport store was opened, Shreveport was the first out-of-state market for the grocery store chain to open in. Today the company has 9 Brookshire's and 4 Super 1 stores in the Shreveport-Bossier City market, and 10% of their workforce is in this market alone. Very impressive! By my calculations, this market's 13 stores also make up just over 8% of the company's stores.

In recognition of the 45 years Brookshire's has been in business in this market, next Tuesday the company will hold its 2006 recognition event for store directors at the Shreveport Convention Center. In attendance will be 200 company leaders.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../610110346/1064

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was downtown this weekend I noticed the Hilton convention center hotel was coming along quite nicely, and it appears that the facade is nearly complete. Next chance I get I'll stop by and get some photos... this is something I intended to do last weekend but never did. I haven't taken photos of the facility in a while so I think it's due time.

When I was downtown this weekend I noticed the Hilton convention center hotel was coming along quite nicely, and it appears that the facade is nearly complete. Next chance I get I'll stop by and get some photos... this is something I intended to do last weekend but never did. I haven't taken photos of the facility in a while so I think it's due time.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to post the nice article in today's BR Paper; The Advocate, but I cannot find the story on any website or google. It was written by Joel Anderson of the Shreveport Times."Center doubts persist"; Will the venture pay off?? Shreveport touts pricy convention,hotel project A nice picture too of part of the Shreveport Convention Center and the Hilton Hotel scheduled to open in a few months. The 313-room hotel is a brilliant addition IMO too.

It also mentions the CenturyTel Center is mentioned as is the Expo Center in Shreveport.

Former Mayor Hightower is quoted as saying..."In year one, it exceeds projections and expectations. The real challenge is two or three years out, when more conventions have had time to look and choose where to locate". He thinks there on the right path to meet expectations in 07'.

I wanted to post for you Brian. Sorry I could not find the link.

I wanted to post the nice article in today's BR Paper; The Advocate, but I cannot find the story on any website or google. It was written by Joel Anderson of the Shreveport Times."Center doubts persist"; Will the venture pay off?? Shreveport touts pricy convention,hotel project A nice picture too of part of the Shreveport Convention Center and the Hilton Hotel scheduled to open in a few months. The 313-room hotel is a brilliant addition IMO too.

It also mentions the CenturyTel Center is mentioned as is the Expo Center in Shreveport.

Former Mayor Hightower is quoted as saying..."In year one, it exceeds projections and expectations. The real challenge is two or three years out, when more conventions have had time to look and choose where to locate". He thinks there on the right path to meet expectations in 07'.

I wanted to post for you Brian. Sorry I could not find the link.

• 2 months later...

Archived