Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigboyz05

Hockey Organization Wants Seasonal Rink

27 posts in this topic

The Hockey Organization of Texarkana (HOT) is asking the city council to help them financially by allowing them to possibly use city land for a seasonal ice rink. That sounds like a really good idea since it would offer something new for people to do.

The Hockey Organization of Texarkana (HOT) is asking the city council to help them financially by allowing them to possibly use city land for a seasonal ice rink. That sounds like a really good idea since it would offer something new for people to do.

Hey, I read this earlier on the Texarkana Gazette's website! I hope this works out... it would be a great asset to the community.

Bentonville does that every winter up where I live. It's quite nice and adds a lot of pedestrian traffic to downtown. Hopefully you guys get it.

I know it wouldn't be downtown. It'll probably be somewhere near Spring Lake Park which is our largest park.

I know it wouldn't be downtown. It'll probably be somewhere near Spring Lake Park which is our largest park.

That's good and bad. It's good because Spring Lake Park is very large and popular, and would make a great location. It's bad because downtown would make for a nice, historic backdrop.

Either way, it will be a nice asset to the community.

True! I'm just glad more options for fun are starting to become more available to the area.

Where did that minor league hockey team Texarkana had for a while play?

They played at the Four States Fairgrounds. Currently a brand new arena is being built off of I-30.

They played at the Four States Fairgrounds. Currently a brand new arena is being built off of I-30.

The arena at the fairgrounds is outdated and best-suited for rodeos. Hockey in Texarkana will have a much better chance when the Minton Sportsplex opens.

The arena at the fairgrounds is outdated and best-suited for rodeos. Hockey in Texarkana will have a much better chance when the Minton Sportsplex opens.

I can't wait for the new Arena/Sportsplex opens. I hear that big name concerts will be playing there when it opens. Also the land surrounding the future Arena, I've heard is being looked at by hotels, restaurants and other businesses. With it being on the bus line that will make it even more available to the public.

Currently a brand new arena is being built off of I-30.

Wow, this I hadn't heard about, but it sounds like a great project. Where exactly off of I-30 is it being built?

Wow, this I hadn't heard about, but it sounds like a great project. Where exactly off of I-30 is it being built?

[/quote

It will be built on the Arkansas side between the bus station and Jefferson Boulevard.

I can't wait for the new Arena/Sportsplex opens. I hear that big name concerts will be playing there when it opens. Also the land surrounding the future Arena, I've heard is being looked at by hotels, restaurants and other businesses. With it being on the bus line that will make it even more available to the public.

I read sometime ago that it would seat a capacity of 6,000.

Are they expecting anything else to come to the multipurpose arena besides concerts and shows?

Are they expecting anything else to come to the multipurpose arena besides concerts and shows?

I've heard that some sporting events and conventions could take place there as well.

Thanks for all of the info, Darius! I'm looking forward to hearing more about this project, and hopefully seeing it myself when I'm up in Texarkana sometime soon.

Cool. Have you been to the Summit Arena in Hot Springs? It's actually very nice and it's about that size. They've had some pretty nice concerts and events there. The DII Women's Final Four was even there.

Aporkalypse... I've never been inside that arena in Little Rock but I think I've seen it. Isn't that right there with the convention center/hotel complex?

Aporkalypse... I've never been inside that arena in Little Rock but I think I've seen it. Isn't that right there with the convention center/hotel complex?