Hockey Organization Wants Seasonal Rink

bigboyz05

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hockey Organization of Texarkana (HOT) is asking the city council to help them financially by allowing them to possibly use city land for a seasonal ice rink. That sounds like a really good idea since it would offer something new for people to do.

Hey, I read this earlier on the Texarkana Gazette's website! I hope this works out... it would be a great asset to the community.

The Hockey Organization of Texarkana (HOT) is asking the city council to help them financially by allowing them to possibly use city land for a seasonal ice rink. That sounds like a really good idea since it would offer something new for people to do.

Bentonville does that every winter up where I live. It's quite nice and adds a lot of pedestrian traffic to downtown. Hopefully you guys get it.

I know it wouldn't be downtown. It'll probably be somewhere near Spring Lake Park which is our largest park.

That's good and bad. It's good because Spring Lake Park is very large and popular, and would make a great location. It's bad because downtown would make for a nice, historic backdrop.

Either way, it will be a nice asset to the community.

The arena at the fairgrounds is outdated and best-suited for rodeos. Hockey in Texarkana will have a much better chance when the Minton Sportsplex opens.

I can't wait for the new Arena/Sportsplex opens. I hear that big name concerts will be playing there when it opens. Also the land surrounding the future Arena, I've heard is being looked at by hotels, restaurants and other businesses. With it being on the bus line that will make it even more available to the public.

I can't wait for the new Arena/Sportsplex opens. I hear that big name concerts will be playing there when it opens. Also the land surrounding the future Arena, I've heard is being looked at by hotels, restaurants and other businesses. With it being on the bus line that will make it even more available to the public.

Archived