restaurants in the SBC

dimebag1980

On Christmas Day I was driving down Mansfield Road through Southern Hills, and I noticed yet another Greek restaurant! I don't know what is up with this area and Greek restaurants, especially considering our Greek population has actually declined drastically over the years.

There's a TINY building just off the corner of Mansfield/Jewella that I recall used to be a photo stand. You remember those places, right? They were just little buildings where you dropped off your film back in the 80s, and they'd develop it for you. It's in one of those. Most recently it was a fast-food Italian place, and now fast-food Greek.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, I went to Cantina Laredo tonight!!! It was awesome. They have two different salsas that they bring out, a hot and a mild. They were both really good. My wife and I shared the Fiesta Grill which was shrimp, costillas (ribs), quail, carnitas, beef and chicken fajitas. Yum!!! My favorite was the quail. My wife also ordered the top shelf guacamole and they make it at your table (I'd tell you how it was, but I don't like guacamole)! This place is awesome! They said the wait was an hour and fourty-five minutes, but we were seated within an hour. I have to say that it was well worth the wait, even though I didn't really wait. We went over to Belk and I picked up two Hilfiger dress shirts for thirty-eight dollars! It was a definite two thumbs up!!! Everyone must go there, the place was hoppin'. One more plus, I even have leftovers for tomorrow!!!

Well guys, I went to Cantina Laredo tonight!!! It was awesome. They have two different salsas that they bring out, a hot and a mild. They were both really good. My wife and I shared the Fiesta Grill which was shrimp, costillas (ribs), quail, carnitas, beef and chicken fajitas. Yum!!! My favorite was the quail. My wife also ordered the top shelf guacamole and they make it at your table (I'd tell you how it was, but I don't like guacamole)! This place is awesome! They said the wait was an hour and fourty-five minutes, but we were seated within an hour. I have to say that it was well worth the wait, even though I didn't really wait. We went over to Belk and I picked up two Hilfiger dress shirts for thirty-eight dollars! It was a definite two thumbs up!!! Everyone must go there, the place was hoppin'. One more plus, I even have leftovers for tomorrow!!!

Sounds good. The fact that you were able to run over to Belk, get a good deal on two Hilfiger shirts, and still make it back in time to be seated is great. Next time I decide I want to try that place, I might just go into some Bellemead stores with my wife while we wait, like her favorite, James Avery.

How were you dressed, and were you over/under dressed? The night I went, I was very underdressed in my blue jeans, polo shirt, and Nautica hat.

That's probably a good idea. You could go early too, when I called at 5:15 to inquire about reservations (which they don't do) it was only about a fifteen minute wait.

I was probaby a little under dressed. I just wore jeans, casual Doc Martin shoes and a long sleeve striped polo. I think I was ok. Next time I would wear a dress shirt, maybe a blazer, but I think nice jeans are ok. It seemed like the bar was popular. There seemed to be a lot of club types there.

SBC,

I hear you on that one man!

Dominic was and still is a real prick!!!

Ask any of his former employees if they feel sorry for him, because they probably don't.

He treated his employees like dirt and tried to come off as this loving little guy who cooked for famous people.

Please, this guy is just a pandering, egomaniac who only gets his picture taken with people of the same beliefs as him. Really brave of you to talk to people who only agree with you Dominic!

My brother worked for him shortly after high school and he has told me some stories about this joker.

Let's just say that i am surprised that he hasn't had any sexual harassment suits filed against him in all these years.

Enough of my rant against this clown.

His food wasn't that great really, the only good thing he had was his spiced tea.

I don't think it was just about wanting to retire and that his lease was up.

It probably was more to the fact that he suddenly found himself surround by competition.

Carrabba's, Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill and Italian Garden.

Sure, like they had nothing to do with his ultimate downfall.

Sorry about the rant, i just can't stand the eventual praising that the Times is going to give this guy.

Just wanted to put out the other side of the story that they are so accustomed to omitting.

Mudbugger

SBC,

I hear you on that one man!

Dominic was and still is a real prick!!!

Ask any of his former employees if they feel sorry for him, because they probably don't.

He treated his employees like dirt and tried to come off as this loving little guy who cooked for famous people.

Please, this guy is just a pandering, egomaniac who only gets his picture taken with people of the same beliefs as him. Really brave of you to talk to people who only agree with you Dominic!

My brother worked for him shortly after high school and he has told me some stories about this joker.

Let's just say that i am surprised that he hasn't had any sexual harassment suits filed against him in all these years.

Enough of my rant against this clown.

His food wasn't that great really, the only good thing he had was his spiced tea.

I don't think it was just about wanting to retire and that his lease was up.

It probably was more to the fact that he suddenly found himself surround by competition.

Carrabba's, Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill and Italian Garden.

Sure, like they had nothing to do with his ultimate downfall.

Sorry about the rant, i just can't stand the eventual praising that the Times is going to give this guy.

Just wanted to put out the other side of the story that they are so accustomed to omitting.

Mudbugger

SBC,

Go to the Times site and notice that nearly all of the negative comments on Dominic's closing are gone.

Yours and mine too.

I guess that the Times really knows best and only want people to think that Dominic was really a sweet guy who cooked for all people. Sure, but those who worked for him or ever saw him get nasty, normal thing for this Napoleon complexed little cook, can tell you that he wasn't sweet and many are glad to see him gone.

Check it out and bask in the knowledge that the Times is providing us little people with the censorship we need to be good little drones that don't question anything they print.

Mudbugger

Shreveport's Herby-K's was voted the BEST seafood restaurant in all the south by Southern Living Magazine!

This is great news, considering Herby-K's VERY negative publicity last year when one of its owners was shot and killed during a robbery attempt. And a couple of years back when an employee of the restaurant was shot and killed on the property as well. It's definitely in a BAD part of the city, but apparently it's doing something right for Southern Living to go that far.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS03/701030315

SBC,

Go to the Times site and notice that nearly all of the negative comments on Dominic's closing are gone.

Yours and mine too.

I guess that the Times really knows best and only want people to think that Dominic was really a sweet guy who cooked for all people. Sure, but those who worked for him or ever saw him get nasty, normal thing for this Napoleon complexed little cook, can tell you that he wasn't sweet and many are glad to see him gone.

Check it out and bask in the knowledge that the Times is providing us little people with the censorship we need to be good little drones that don't question anything they print.

Mudbugger

Shreveport's Herby-K's was voted the BEST seafood restaurant in all the south by Southern Living Magazine!

This is great news, considering Herby-K's VERY negative publicity last year when one of its owners was shot and killed during a robbery attempt. And a couple of years back when an employee of the restaurant was shot and killed on the property as well. It's definitely in a BAD part of the city, but apparently it's doing something right for Southern Living to go that far.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS03/701030315

Well, in their defense (and you know I don't take their side often) whenever they move a story from the "Breaking News" section to the main news section they always clear the comments. But they do open it back up for more comments. We can always go back and re-post our comments. If they delete them at that point, then we'll know they're truly showing their bias. And we all know they DO have a bias.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fatburger wants to build five more restaurants in Shreveport-Bossier, according to this article.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...312/1064/NEWS05

The article also says Queen Latifah had been seen eating in the southeast Shreveport Fatburger while she was here filming Mad Money, and that she actually owns a Fatburger franchise in Miami.

On a personal note, I dislike Fatburger. I tried it when they were new and didn't like it, but giving them the benefit of the doubt I recently tried them again... and again, didn't like it. Cheeburger Cheeburger tastes much better, in my opinion, and is always packed even when Fatburger isn't. I could see six Cheeburger Cheeburger locations going over well here before six Fatburgers.

Fuddruckers will give them both a run for their money. Come on, open a Fatburger stand and a Fuddruckers both in the Boardwalk... get some serious competition going there! :)

Fatburger wants to build five more restaurants in Shreveport-Bossier, according to this article.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...312/1064/NEWS05

The article also says Queen Latifah had been seen eating in the southeast Shreveport Fatburger while she was here filming Mad Money, and that she actually owns a Fatburger franchise in Miami.

On a personal note, I dislike Fatburger. I tried it when they were new and didn't like it, but giving them the benefit of the doubt I recently tried them again... and again, didn't like it. Cheeburger Cheeburger tastes much better, in my opinion, and is always packed even when Fatburger isn't. I could see six Cheeburger Cheeburger locations going over well here before six Fatburgers.

Fuddruckers will give them both a run for their money. Come on, open a Fatburger stand and a Fuddruckers both in the Boardwalk... get some serious competition going there! :)

Archived