Shula's 347 @ The Hilton Providence

I did some research and have discoved that there are 3 different chains in the Shula's family. Oddly enough, Shula's 347 is the LEAST upscale.

The others are:

Shula's American Steakhouse (Upscale)

Shula's 2, which is on the same level as casual as Shula's 347.

Shula's on the Beach (Upscale)

You can visit the website at www.donshula.com and view images of each different restaurant.

This may be what downtown needs, especially next to the Dunk.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree (without knowing anything about Shula's) that it doesn't seem like a logical fit for a new Hilton, the fact that it's right next to the Civic Center makes sense. All of the people going to PC games, PBruins games, etc. - would probably like to go to a sports-bar themed, casual (hopefully less expensive than the other Shulas) restaurant that is right next door....

Where does Hilton rank on the hotel scale? I ask this, because I dont think of Hilton as an upscale hotel on the same scale as a Westin or a Hyatt. While there really is not a standard for ranking hotels on an individual basis, there are certain rankings based on brand name.

Hilton as a brand to me ranks higher than a Holiday Inn, but that does not necessitate that an upscale restaurant needs to be in a Hilton. If I understand you post correctly, and I may not, it seems that you find it odd that a more casual restaurant be places in a Hilton. I see this as perfectly acceptable and fits in with the brand as I percieve it.

Where does Hilton rank on the hotel scale? I ask this, because I dont think of Hilton as an upscale hotel on the same scale as a Westin or a Hyatt. While there really is not a standard for ranking hotels on an individual basis, there are certain rankings based on brand name.

Hilton as a brand to me ranks higher than a Holiday Inn, but that does not necessitate that an upscale restaurant needs to be in a Hilton. If I understand you post correctly, and I may not, it seems that you find it odd that a more casual restaurant be places in a Hilton. I see this as perfectly acceptable and fits in with the brand as I percieve it.

As I agree that Hilton is not as upscale as many other brands it all depends on which Hilton Hotel it is. There are many 4 star Hiltons out there. If plans call for the Hilton Providence to add on a 27 story tower for condominium residences, this brings the hotel up to the next level. I was just surprised that they would put in a more casual restaurant at this location, but as I stated, this may be what downtown needs, especially next to the Dunk. There are so many upscale restaurants now and planned downtown, it does need more casual ones to follow.

I agree as well. This seems much better for the area given its casual atmosphere and the fact that it won't be competing with all the other upscale steakhouses.

Agreed as well. It'll be gunning for a completely different audience. Good for the restaurant fabric, I think.

- Garris

Archived