Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illmatic774

Photo request: Friday, October 13th; Downtown

15 posts in this topic

Preferably before the game starts. Someones gotta be able to make it out there. ALCS Weekend, up 2-0... i heard there may be snow as well.

I wanna see downtown glow again...

i third it, thyose will be gret pics, no matter who takes them.

I just picked up new batteries for my camera. My skills are minimal, at best but I think Detroit will shine well even with an amature like me behind the camera.

I might be able to make it downtown but I can't offer any guarantees, especially now that they moved the game to 4pm from 8pm.

4 pm gametime is total crap... I hate NY

Seriously. I dont buy that crap about it being because of the weather. But late word on WDIV is that the Tigers requested the change of time. I guess we shall see. I'm sure fox did not mind moving it to free up viewership for the NY game.

I just picked up new batteries for my camera. My skills are minimal, at best but I think Detroit will shine well even with an amature like me behind the camera.

:lol:

I'll try to contribute as well. Tomorrow is going to be a nice little part of history in our little legacy story we call Detroit.

I sold my tix for tonight but I am going tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some great pictures.

I am actually going to the Wayne State vs. Hillsdale Homecoming football game tomorrow at noon. From the grand stand at Adams Field you can see New Center, Midtown, and Downtown. Hopefully the camera I am borrowing has a pano mode. That will make a for a sweet shot.

Well, I borrowed my roommates camera, and I tried to take a video after the game while walking down Woodward towards Campus Martius. The memory card ran out after this 8 second clip. It was just a portion of what it was like. Traffic on Northbound Woodward was packed and people were running through the cars high fiving people. Constant honking, tons of people strolling down Woodward screaming and hollering, high fiving strangers. It was AWESOME! Downtown was glowing!

I wish I could have been downtown during yesterday's game. I saw a few videos. It's nice to see that kind of excitement! I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with a group of friends, and people were screaming and standing on chairs. It was amazing.