Grove, OK - Hiwasse, AR

KJW

1. A customer came to our store in Centerton today from Grove, Oklahoma...she works at the Bank of Gravett(e) - Centerton branch. She commutes every day from Grove to work and said there are four others from Grove who work at BoG in Gravette proper.

She said she won't be surprised if Delaware County, OK some day becomes part of the NWA metro...we'll see, but there are from what I gather many more commuters like her.

2. Julles, I saw where a house is being moved on the south side of the main street in Hiwasse, and where two other structures to the north have been bulldozed. Do you know what they're building there? (Perhaps in anticipation of the very nearby future BV bypass?)

Also, I see that the bricks are going up for the new car wash between Centerton and Hiwasse near your place.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that makes sense. It's probably the most likely cadidate out of the Oklahoma counties. I think we're close enough to the Oklahoma border that eventually one of them will eventually become part of our metro. I was curious what people thought of the chances of Ottawa County to the north and Adair County to the south of it. I wondered if Ottawa might be too close to Joplin and Adair too close to Ft Smith for that to happen. I'm also wonder if anyone know what counties amke up the Tulsa metro and are all of our neighboring Oklahoma counties considered a part of Tulsa's sphere of influence?

I guess that makes sense. It's probably the most likely cadidate out of the Oklahoma counties. I think we're close enough to the Oklahoma border that eventually one of them will eventually become part of our metro. I was curious what people thought of the chances of Ottawa County to the north and Adair County to the south of it. I wondered if Ottawa might be too close to Joplin and Adair too close to Ft Smith for that to happen. I'm also wonder if anyone know what counties amke up the Tulsa metro and are all of our neighboring Oklahoma counties considered a part of Tulsa's sphere of influence?

Mith, Ottawa's too close to Joplin...the city borders Ottawa county on its south side. (Ottawa's in the Kansas City Major Trading area due to its Joplin proximity.)

Adair and Delaware are both in the Tulsa DMA and MTA. Adair's far enough from Fort Smith that it's almost a wash and in fact Adair's northeastern border hits Siloam Springs' city limits, and Westville OK (also in Adair) is at the end of the road after Lincoln and Farmington when you drive west from F'ville.

Tulsa's metro counties are Tulsa, Osage, Pawnee, Creek, Okmulgee, Wagoner and Rogers. Mayes County OK (borders Delaware, OK) used to be in the Tulsa metro...the city of Tulsa has a clearly marked pumping station on Grand Lake in eastern Mayes County almost to the Delaware county line.

Mith, Ottawa's too close to Joplin...the city borders Ottawa county on its south side. (Ottawa's in the Kansas City Major Trading area due to its Joplin proximity.)

Adair and Delaware are both in the Tulsa DMA and MTA. Adair's far enough from Fort Smith that it's almost a wash and in fact Adair's northeastern border hits Siloam Springs' city limits, and Westville OK (also in Adair) is at the end of the road after Lincoln and Farmington when you drive west from F'ville.

Tulsa's metro counties are Tulsa, Osage, Pawnee, Creek, Okmulgee, Wagoner and Rogers. Mayes County OK (borders Delaware, OK) used to be in the Tulsa metro...the city of Tulsa has a clearly marked pumping station on Grand Lake in eastern Mayes County almost to the Delaware county line.

So Mayes isn't considered a part of Tulsa's metro anymore? I wonder why. I think NWA is growing enough that it could possibly take a county away from Tulsa's sphere of influence. Like I said Delaware is probably the most likely, possibly Adair. I suppose the roads might have something to do with it as well. Adair is more into the more rugged part of the Ozarks and despite it's closeness a narrow windy road could people from feeling more a part of our metro. But I'm not sure how easily accessable we are to Adair. I don't think we can really think about offering more that what Tulsa offers but those counties right on the line are close enough to start being more influenced by us. Especially as we grow and develop more.

So Mayes isn't considered a part of Tulsa's metro anymore? I wonder why. I think NWA is growing enough that it could possibly take a county away from Tulsa's sphere of influence. Like I said Delaware is probably the most likely, possibly Adair. I suppose the roads might have something to do with it as well. Adair is more into the more rugged part of the Ozarks and despite it's closeness a narrow windy road could people from feeling more a part of our metro. But I'm not sure how easily accessable we are to Adair. I don't think we can really think about offering more that what Tulsa offers but those counties right on the line are close enough to start being more influenced by us. Especially as we grow and develop more.

As long as there are jobs in Benton Co it could end up that way. 25% of people in that county would have to commute to one of the NWA counties to make it part of the MSA.

1. A customer came to our store in Centerton today from Grove, Oklahoma...she works at the Bank of Gravett(e) - Centerton branch. She commutes every day from Grove to work and said there are four others from Grove who work at BoG in Gravette proper.

She said she won't be surprised if Delaware County, OK some day becomes part of the NWA metro...we'll see, but there are from what I gather many more commuters like her.

2. Julles, I saw where a house is being moved on the south side of the main street in Hiwasse, and where two other structures to the north have been bulldozed. Do you know what they're building there? (Perhaps in anticipation of the very nearby future BV bypass?)

Also, I see that the bricks are going up for the new car wash between Centerton and Hiwasse near your place.

Hmmm, no, I haven't heard anything about the moving/bulldozing in Hiwasse. Interesting. And............bricks are going up on the car wash????!!!! Good grief, I need to pay more attention. I hadn't noticed that. Then again, I usually come home a different way, via Peach Orchard Road (by the new Lowe's in north Bentonville). I only take Hwy 72 every now and then.

Being from Siloam Springs (on the Benton County AR, and Delware County OK boarder) there are a ton of people from that county that work in Benton County. Siloam has a lot of factories and a lot of those workers come from Oklahoma, as well as teachers and many other professionals who want to live across the boarder for various reasons. It would not surprise me one bit if it is included in the NWA metro very soon.

Hmmm, no, I haven't heard anything about the moving/bulldozing in Hiwasse. Interesting. And............bricks are going up on the car wash????!!!! Good grief, I need to pay more attention. I hadn't noticed that. Then again, I usually come home a different way, via Peach Orchard Road (by the new Lowe's in north Bentonville). I only take Hwy 72 every now and then.

This has been a strange, uneasy morning west of Bentonville...there was an emergency of some kind at Herbaugh Rd. and the Gravette Highway with flashing lights all over the place and traffic being directed, plus I saw an ambulance heading south toward Vaughn from Centerton, and a fire truck heading west from Centerton toward Decatur on 102.

Anyway, I drove to Gravette today and noticed two things, Julles:

1. They're laying pipe all the way down 72(?) from Herbaugh Rd. to Hiwasse, including where that car wash is going;

2. I don't know what's being built on the north side of the highway in Hiwasse, but on the south side there are signs up now for "Rydejo Plaza", a strip mall which looks like when complete it will accommodate 12-14+ tenants. It's right next to the place of the same name which has an EXIT real estate and an accounting service.

Archived