Historic Congaree Vista Developments

CorgiMatt

Krazee,

Is the photo you posted (taken on 10/4) the new hotel going in on the corner of Lady and Huger or the one right as you come off of I-26?

Regardless, where were you standing when you took the photo? Not sure why, but I am having a hard time figuring out the angle.

Edited by dobboard

I like the first design because it brings a bit of non-brick architectural diversity to the brick-dominated Vista. But I do like the mostly brick design though; it appears to be a little more appropriate for an urban location.

Krazee,

Is the photo you posted from 10/4 of the new hotel going in on the corner of Lady and Huger or the one right as you come off of I-277?

Regardless, where were you standing when you took the photo? Not sure why, but I am having a hard time figuring out the angle.

This one is the SpringHill Suites at the corner of Huger and Lady. The Staybridge Suites is at Huger and I-26 (which I see has topped out). I took this shot from the area between the State Museum and the old bus barn lot.

It was rumored here that there are whisperings of a hotel coming to the lot across from the old fire department HQ building. I think something like the Westin National Harbor in Prince Georges County, MD would look great at that location:

2483556901_96f2d197b8.jpg

Krazee, or anyone... Can you point out the original rumor about the Starwood hotel coming to this site? I couldn't find it when searching just now. I did some checking and a number of folks that I would think should be in the know haven't heard anything about it. So, I'm wondering if whoever posted it in the first place can attempt to get confirmation. It's sounding bogus to me at this point.

That was me that posted that I have a buddy doing the graphic design work for the Taste of the South place, and they told him they were putting a "W" across the street. I'll see him this weekend, so I'll ask him about it again.

Speaking of which - what is the status of Taste of the South and the old fire station? Looks pretty dead around there to me. Could it be going the same way Vsion went?

Speaking of which - what is the status of Taste of the South and the old fire station? Looks pretty dead around there to me. Could it be going the same way Vsion went?

They're getting ready to start the Fire Station project. It shouldn't be too much longer before work begins. The project is still very much on.

I was driving through the vista yesterday and noticed a sign in the window next to Hush on Gervais. Looks like a pizza restaurant is coming to that vacant building. I didn't get a chance to closely read the sign to know exactly whats coming...

That's correct. It's going to be a pizza restaurant. So we'll have Mellow Mushroom across the street, the one next to Hush and the new one at Lady and Lincoln.

Has Center Vista broken ground yet? If it doesn't break ground by year's end, I'd assume that it's fallen victime to the credit crunch and may be on hold for a little while longer. The developers have invested too much in that site to have the project cancelled altogether. The website is still operational, which is a good sign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...