Historic Congaree Vista Developments

CorgiMatt

• 3 weeks later...

This is hard to believe--that picture of bumper-to-bumper traffic wasn't the smartest one to include. Anyone who knows the area realizes the picture doesn't lie, and that's what it will be like most of the time. Not sure if they will have many takers for "townhomes" facing that extremely busy intersection. It's not exactly a residential street.

How many people can say they live in the same building as a grocery store? Or that they pull into a Publix parking lot to park when home? I wouldn't want the unit right next to it--I'd be fearful of vermin and noise. This development is a curiosity to say the least! A stand-up comic could have a field day with this . . lol.

This is hard to believe--that picture of bumper-to-bumper traffic wasn't the smartest one to include. Anyone who knows the area realizes the picture doesn't lie, and that's what it will be like most of the time. Not sure if they will have many takers for "townhomes" facing that extremely busy intersection. It's not exactly a residential street.

How many people can say they live in the same building as a grocery store? Or that they pull into a Publix parking lot to park when home? I wouldn't want the unit right next to it--I'd be fearful of vermin and noise. This development is a curiosity to say the least! A stand-up comic could have a field day with this . . lol.

Actually I think it exemplifies the point that if you live and work downtown you don't have to deal with that traffic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two Vista restoration projects are coming up before DDRC this month for some design tweaking. One of them is the Columbia Supply building portion of Center Vista for accommodation of a new restaurant. You have to scroll to find the Vista properties (with photos and elevation diagrams) on the attached agenda.

http://www.columbia.sc.gov/tasks/sites/coc/assets/File/Dev_Services/Agendas/DDRC/PDS_DDRC_2010_01_05_Agenda.pdf

Two Vista restoration projects are coming up before DDRC this month for some design tweaking. One of them is the Columbia Supply building portion of Center Vista for accommodation of a new restaurant. You have to scroll to find the Vista properties (with photos and elevation diagrams) on the attached agenda.

http://www.columbia.sc.gov/tasks/sites/coc/assets/File/Dev_Services/Agendas/DDRC/PDS_DDRC_2010_01_05_Agenda.pdf

Here's the Loopnet listing for the Columbia Supply w/ rendering:

http://www.loopnet.com/lid/16380036

In other news, 912 Gervais, the building next to Cloud Nine (I think), is being retrofitted with three restaurant spaces w/ a patio in the rear.

http://www.loopnet.com/lid/16450921

Price per sq ft. is ridiculous on that one if you ask me!

Edited by emerging.me

I'd pretty much thought the Columbia Supply renovation/Center Vista was dead. It's good to see that it's not. I also didn't know that a Chili's was originally planned for that building, but now it will be another restaurant. I wonder which one. I also hope that within the next year or two, the office portion will see construction.

xy_BACB447E-1012-43FC-80C3-A95402DE31C4__.jpg

I'm hoping that "Miller-Valentine Group" signage is just a placeholder in the rendering for the actual name of the restaurant.