Historic Congaree Vista Developments

CorgiMatt

The smallness is the one thing about it I don't care for. There's no accounting for taste. I'm just glad you can see inside the windows, that they're not black and don't bend light. I like the arches. I do love my clean lines, but some variety never hurt anything.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Jeff Prioreschi about the fire station HQ's building and he stated: "We have are putting together the package to just develop the commercial segment of this property first and develop residential down the road. We have some solid tenants and if all goes well - we should start project by fall."

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Jeff Prioreschi about the fire station HQ's building and he stated: "We have are putting together the package to just develop the commercial segment of this property first and develop residential down the road. We have some solid tenants and if all goes well - we should start project by fall."

As far as I know, Taste of the South still plans on being the anchor tenant.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd pretty much thought the Columbia Supply renovation/Center Vista was dead. It's good to see that it's not. I also didn't know that a Chili's was originally planned for that building, but now it will be another restaurant. I wonder which one. I also hope that within the next year or two, the office portion will see construction.

xy_BACB447E-1012-43FC-80C3-A95402DE31C4__.jpg

I'm hoping that "Miller-Valentine Group" signage is just a placeholder in the rendering for the actual name of the restaurant.

So it looks like the restaurant tenant will be a Jason's Deli, and the Miller-Valentine Group will have its regional headquarters offices on the top floor. There will also be an additional smaller retail space on the first floor. The plans for the new four-story building, and a potential hotel on the backside of the property facing Lady Street, have been scrapped due to the recession and those parcels are now for sale.

Ok this is a Mixed idea part my idea Waccamatt's idea and The cities idea!

Ok you know how the vista is looking to attract new business also have new parking! well Waccamatt said something about a Ice rink in Columbia on Gervais St across from the statehouse! And put all of that together you get this http://www.flickr.com/photos/25873309@N07/4813255884/ this is the Top of the Ice rink! over gervais street! and this is the Garage mixed used Retail on the bottom with a Lamar digital Billboard on the side! http://www.flickr.com/photos/25873309@N07/4813296792/

PS I'm setting up a meeting with mayor steve benjamin soon! wish me lucky in my Ideas :)

Ok this is a Mixed idea part my idea Waccamatt's idea and The cities idea!

Ok you know how the vista is looking to attract new business also have new parking! well Waccamatt said something about a Ice rink in Columbia on Gervais St across from the statehouse! And put all of that together you get this http://www.flickr.co...N07/4813255884/ this is the Top of the Ice rink! over gervais street! and this is the Garage mixed used Retail on the bottom with a Lamar digital Billboard on the side! http://www.flickr.co...N07/4813296792/

PS I'm setting up a meeting with mayor steve benjamin soon! wish me lucky in my Ideas :)

I like the idea with the parking garage with the giant Lamar sign but in a different location and instead facing Gervais Street. Also the skating rink idea is a real stretch for this city. Good luck with the mayor thing even though they probably don't care.

I like the idea with the parking garage with the giant Lamar sign but in a different location and instead facing Gervais Street. Also the skating rink idea is a real stretch for this city. Good luck with the mayor thing even though they probably don't care.

Already talked to Mayor Benjamin last Christmas before he was elected! he already told me that he wanted to hear my Ideas!

The popular Nashville “music joint” Tin Roof is coming to the Vista. The live music-focused bar and restaurant will occupy a brick warehouse building on Senate Street, across from the old Columbia Fire Department headquarters and half a block from IHOP. The venue will have live music from four to seven nights a week — both local and national acts — from acoustic happy hours to full bands at night. And local musicians who do well could get gigs at the other locations. Tin Roof will feature a big bar, big drink selection, a big outdoor seating area and big portions of food: 13 different quesadillas, award-winning salsa, 21 different hot pressed sandwiches and deep-fried hot dogs. The decor is laid-back, as the name suggests, with a tin roof — rusted, of course — over a large central bar.

Once the old fire department headquarters building gets developed, that will be one nice active area of the Vista. Senate Street is becoming a cool mini-corridor within the district.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It looks like the Adluh Flour warehouse is up for rent, with plans to covert it into stores, restaurants, bars or offices. The building has been empty for about a decade, and architects from Studio 2LR have drawn plans for office space on the second floor and up to six retail spaces on the ground floor for restaurants, bars or stores. Renovation plans include a new heating and air conditioning system, as well as electrical and plumbing upgrades, exterior work and landscaping.

B82458902Z.1_20100915190908_000+GAH1MUM9J.3-0.standalone.prod_affiliate.74.jpg

• 5 weeks later...