Historic Congaree Vista Developments

CorgiMatt

The garage in that spot will be a huge boost and a great asset for the Vista. This will definitely make parking easier and hopefully spur some development in the process! I'm glad to see the mixed use development on the Lady Street side, but I hope the whole thing will have some shops or office space on the ground floor. There is no reason to assume that Washington Street can't be something cool in the not-so-near future.

Glad to finally hear something about this. I like the concept of fronting the garage with something mixed-use, and I agree with Spartan about putting some retail in the ground floor along Washington as well.

For some reason, I didn't know that the (former) proposed condo-tel was planned for the site of the old Columbia Supply Co. building. I'm assuming that building was going to be adaptively reused? I should hope they didn't want to tear it down. I think with the building right next to it getting the Starbucks and possibly something on the upper levels, it won't stay vacant for long.

I'd like to eventually see some of the empty lots on Gervais become filled in with new shops.

^ Looking at the article in the State, it says that the proposed condo-hotel was to be built on the Cola Supply Co. lot. So, perhaps they are talking about the parking lot next to the building and the site directly behind it that is currently being cleaned up. Does somebody know for sure? I hope that is the case.

Edited by BrasilnSC

I'm telling you guys, for the best burgers and fries in Columbia you have to try Eddie's on Assembly at Lady.

OMG yes, everytime I have a friend visit me from out of town I always take them here and they give it extreamly high reviews and its a great place for a first date, lol I should know I had plently of them here and I never get tired of this place.

I know I've said this before, but I just don't think their quality matches their relatively high prices. The burgers and fries are rather greasey and nothing extraordinarily special, IMO.

I actually really like Five Guys' burgers...although I will agree it's a bit too expensive. And they give you WAY WAY too many fries. I've been there a few times, and me and the people I'm with end up throwing away about half of the fries. Pretty big waste I think.

I've heard that about the fries^ I hear its good food too, though I've never been myself.

I am glad a national chain has located in the Vista for those that like it, including the out-of-towners staying at the new Hilton. I visited the one near Columbiana Mall several weeks ago. This quirky little restaurant chain is completely over-rated, IMO. Here are some odd-ball things about it:

-No trays for your food-put in a bag even if you are eating in.

-Takes a LOOOOONG time to get order.

-Food on menu limited to 1) burger and 2) fries, and THAT

I want a Rush's downtown. I've put that in their suggestion box several times too. Rush's is the best locally owned burger place that I've been to in Columbia, though its still fast food.

But I agree that its good that another national chain has located in the Vista. Definitely a good sign of its growing status.

As for Assembly- lets finish up Five Points and Main Street first.... then work on Assembly. People will be ticked off if that is done too soon....