Bush's Moral Police

monsoon

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone says " my morals or beliefs don't agree with homosexuality or abortion" or whatever hot button social issues bothers them, but I respect your opposing belief then I am fine with that. Unfortunately I am not speaking for all liberals in this regard, but being tolerant really means being tolerant of ALL beliefs. This dialogue is night and day from calling me a pervert or hellbound or whatever the latest slur so- called " Christian" conservatives use. I won't be tolerant of that.

While wars wage on, illegals take over the country, millions of American jobs head to the 3rd world, and pollution controls, alternative energy initiatives, and conservation measures are thrown out the window, Bush and the GOP congress will sign into law today a ban on Internet gambling for American citizens.

as for FOX, I dont watch it anymore. The station is suppose to deliver the news, instead it delivers conservative oppinions. I cant stand Shawn Hannity or what ever the heck his name is. He invites democrats to talk on his show but every time the say something that makes some sense he always buts in and never let them finish what they are saying. FOX is nothing more than a political machine. You just cant rely on the media anymore for nonbias news.

as for FOX, I dont watch it anymore. The station is suppose to deliver the news, instead it delivers conservative oppinions. I cant stand Shawn Hannity or what ever the heck his name is. He invites democrats to talk on his show but every time the say something that makes some sense he always buts in and never let them finish what they are saying. FOX is nothing more than a political machine. You just cant rely on the media anymore for nonbias news.

Nope, and I don't recall if the news if there are any HD news channels on TWC or not. I'll check later, because I'm about to head out the door. I only watch tv for bloomberg, South Park, and NFL games. I have the HD for football.

* I checked, I don't have HDNews. I guess it's a Dish Network Channel, since they acquired some of Voom's channels. Is it good?

That's why I love the ignorant bliss of the local news.. and I mean local. KSAX-Alexandria, MN is a local news station that covers northwest, central, and southwest MN... the news cast goes something like this

"Good evening, this is Carrie Bromenshenkel-Larson with KSAX news. Today, in rural Montevideo, there was a combine rollover. On the scene is Sven Olengaard with the latest coverage."

"That's right Carrie, today, 107 year old Ener Knutson was out harvesting the years bumper corn crop when he lost control of his combine, ran up a ditch, and flipped, spitting large piles of corn all over Hwy. 55. Bev Jensen was passing by when she saw a large John Deere combine come careening into the road before flipping and blowing corn all over the hwy, causing her to swerve."

Bonnie Jensen: " Oh ya, ya know it was a heck of a thing! I'm just driving down the road and next thing ya know I'm swerving all over the road like a blind pig during a thunderstorm!"

"The scene here was pretty chaotic, Carrie, but luckily no one was hurt. In fact, Ener's wife Bernadette treated us to a nice dinner of tator-tot hotdish and coffee while we've been reporting (Bernadette can be seen in the background handing out peanut butter marshmallow chocolate butterscotch rice crispy bars). Things have improved greatly. Back to you, Carrie."

Carrie: "Thank you Sven. Now, onto weather"... then follows 10 minutes of very detailed, up-to-the-minute weather with fancy flashy graphics and forecasts for snow the next week... then it's 10-15 minutes of sports, showing the highlights of all the local high school games with pro sports thrown in for good measure.

Meanwhile, the world is coming to an end all around us... but everything is pretty quiet out on the edge of the prarie :)

That's why I love the ignorant bliss of the local news.. and I mean local. KSAX-Alexandria, MN is a local news station that covers northwest, central, and southwest MN... the news cast goes something like this

"Good evening, this is Carrie Bromenshenkel-Larson with KSAX news. Today, in rural Montevideo, there was a combine rollover. On the scene is Sven Olengaard with the latest coverage."

"That's right Carrie, today, 107 year old Ener Knutson was out harvesting the years bumper corn crop when he lost control of his combine, ran up a ditch, and flipped, spitting large piles of corn all over Hwy. 55. Bev Jensen was passing by when she saw a large John Deere combine come careening into the road before flipping and blowing corn all over the hwy, causing her to swerve."

Bonnie Jensen: " Oh ya, ya know it was a heck of a thing! I'm just driving down the road and next thing ya know I'm swerving all over the road like a blind pig during a thunderstorm!"

"The scene here was pretty chaotic, Carrie, but luckily no one was hurt. In fact, Ener's wife Bernadette treated us to a nice dinner of tator-tot hotdish and coffee while we've been reporting (Bernadette can be seen in the background handing out peanut butter marshmallow chocolate butterscotch rice crispy bars). Things have improved greatly. Back to you, Carrie."

Carrie: "Thank you Sven. Now, onto weather"... then follows 10 minutes of very detailed, up-to-the-minute weather with fancy flashy graphics and forecasts for snow the next week... then it's 10-15 minutes of sports, showing the highlights of all the local high school games with pro sports thrown in for good measure.

Meanwhile, the world is coming to an end all around us... but everything is pretty quiet out on the edge of the prarie :)

Archived