Fall for Greenville 2006 !

TREY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still sounds to me as if that's a case of coercion by Greenville Events/Main Street Events/whatever. At the very least one could claim that there was collusion whereby the organizers of the festival were attempting to defraud you of your rights pursuant to your CoA for that space on the corner.

Just my two cents. I'm not a barrister, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inns of Court last night. :rofl:

The whole issue comes down to this.

They didnt want me there to begin with. This I found out back in August when I was trying to find out if I would be allowed there. After much digging in of my own I knew I was allowed there no matter what they said. But I didnt feel like going to war with anyone. Thats why I checked into it early enough. To give me time to prepare for whatever they would come back to me with.

They were very hesitant about me being there. They also were very strict this year as far as the vendors they accepted. They did Not want carnival type food. Thats why no one could buy a funnel cake downtown during the festival. Its all about the image I guess.

I was carnival food to them, Not to mention I was right on Main street, and to add insult to injury, they couldnt benefit from any of my sales.

If you haven't already done so, you should definitely contact the organizers of Art in the Park at UVA. They've told me they're planning on expanding to include affordable family and kid-friendly (carnival-type) foods next year. I'm sure they'd love to have you be an official part of that next year.

No it wasnt meant as bribe, it was meant if I paid to be part of the festival like the other vendors.

It wasnt meant as a bribe and thats not how they meant it.

Basically they cared more about the people that paid to be there instead of the one who works there everyday.

• 11 months later...

RT, you've done it again! Great work on your wonderful collection of memories from this year's fabulous array of events! I was very disappointed that Greenville-native Chef Tyler Florence had to cancel his scheduled demonstrations due to bad weather, but still enjoyed the many other festivities throughout the weekend.

I have several photos to add since this appears to be the thread for such posts. Enjoy! :)

FallForGreenville2007_01.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_02.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_03.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_04.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_05.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_06.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_07.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_08.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_09.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_10.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_11.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_12.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_13.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_14.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_15.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_16.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_17.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_18.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_19.jpg

FallForGreenville2007_20.jpg

• 1 year later...

Fall for Greenville 2009:

IMG_7759.jpg

This girl at the Chili Cook-Off was too fun! She was working the crowd like a pro and her personality was larger than life. I could imagine her as one the Top Chef personalities.

IMG_7767.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7779.jpg

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

I love their IPA:

IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7835.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

And, the best dressed award goes to this guy!

IMG_7810.jpg

Archived