UP|PVD Forum Field Trip

Cotuit

forummeet-2006-1028.jpg

The Neutaconkanut Hill Association, Woonasquatucket Watershed Council, Providence Parks Department, and RI DEM will be sponsoring an event at Neutaconkanut Park on Saturday, October 28th.

Hike the Seventh Hill

Discover Neutaconkanut Park at the western edge of Providence

Guided Hikes through 90 acres of wooded hillside with spectacular views of the city. Wild turkeys, deer, fox, and hawks are often seen in the park. Come enjoy the newly installed system of marked hiking trails. Refreshments will be provided.

Saturday, October 28th - 11am-1pm

Neutaconkanut Park Recreation Center

675 Plainfield Street, Providence

Directions from Kennedy Plaza

RIPTA Route 19 Plainfield via Westminster

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds awesome and I'll be there, I wonder where all the land is I never knew it went anywhere.

I haven't been up there since my high school days when we used to "bunk" up there. I lived in Silver Lake at the time. There used to be open fields and a stream that cascaded down the hill. Neutaconkanut was huge, at least by city kid standards, and was an oasis for a lot of animals.I used to bring the dog there to chase rabbits. There is also a wooded powerline corridor as well that goes all the way up to Atwood Avenue in Johnston. It's nice to see that the area will get a little maintenance now as it was once a teenage drinking hideout. I wish I could make it but I'll be moving.

I haven't been up there since my high school days when we used to "bunk" up there. I lived in Silver Lake at the time. There used to be open fields and a stream that cascaded down the hill. Neutaconkanut was huge, at least by city kid standards, and was an oasis for a lot of animals.I used to bring the dog there to chase rabbits. There is also a wooded powerline corridor as well that goes all the way up to Atwood Avenue in Johnston. It's nice to see that the area will get a little maintenance now as it was once a teenage drinking hideout. I wish I could make it but I'll be moving.

you're leaving 02908??? (i just noticed you changed your city to "east providence").

Oh, and the topic subtitle says October 23rd instead of the 28th.

Oops!

Apparently there used to be skiing here. They are going to encourage people to ski this winter, but the rope-pull will not be working until next winter.

Apparently there used to be skiing here. They are going to encourage people to ski this winter, but the rope-pull will not be working until next winter.

i'll ski there rope tow or not... i'll use any excuse to put on my skis after a day at work or on a weekend when i can't afford to go to a real mountain (even yawgoo is expensive).

• 2 weeks later...

forummeetrainplan-2006-1028.jpg

Since all indications point to about 400 inches of rain and 300 mile per hour winds tomorrow, I think most of us are not wanting to go for a hike.

For anyone who still wants to meet up, we will be having a gathering at Icon Cafe at Rising Sun Mills, to sip warm drinks and eat yummy snacks. We'll be meeting at 1:00pm.

Icon Cafe

166 Valley Street, Providence, RI

RIPTA:

• Route 26 Atwells Avenue to Valley Street/Eagle Square

• Route 92 Green Line to Valley Street/Eagle Square

• Routes 17 & 19 Westminster to Olneyville Square

• Routes 27 & 28 Broadway to Olneyville Square

Archived