Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masons_dad1

New Benton County Fairgrounds

5 posts in this topic

It's well-known that the Benton County Fair will be moving to a new fairgrounds next year and with all the construction going on at the site of the new fairgrounds I figured it needed it's own topic.

Features:

*59-acres

*49,500 square-foot Arena

*45,000 square-foot Judge and Show Barn

*24,000 square-foot Exhibit Hall

*Eight-acre Midway

*It is hoped the new 49,500 square-foot Arena will hold year-round events.

*The land surrounding the new fairgrounds was annexed into Bentonville last November.

*Wal-Mart purchased the 59-acre site last year and once the new fairgrounds are complete, Wal-Mart will swap land with the Benton County Fair Association, receiving the 30 acres at the current fair site at Southeast Eighth and Main streets.

*The new fairgrounds is located at the corner of Arkansas Highway 12 and South Vaughn Road.

Some current pics of the fairgorunds site (courtesy Scary Redneck):

268306737_2e7b2a350a_b.jpg

268306741_e08e18b803_b.jpg

268306744_e2083a36bb_b.jpg

They've really got these buildings lit up at night now...there's still a lot of "black space" between Bentonville and XNA (more aptly, between Centerton and XNA) but the building and lot lights are really starting to fill that in.

They've really got these buildings lit up at night now...there's still a lot of "black space" between Bentonville and XNA (more aptly, between Centerton and XNA) but the building and lot lights are really starting to fill that in.

If someone has some updated pictures, I can use it on my master list thread.

If someone has some updated pictures, I can use it on my master list thread.