Allen Plaza

Martinman

I would like to see two retails additions added on either side of the motor court entrance for the W and office tower. It would hide that giant parking garage a little better and help create a more enjoyable street scene. That area of town is going to be awesome. It seems odd that the developer doesn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news that it's not a parking garage but I would still like to see as much streetscape as possible dedicated for retail. Having that gap on the sidewalk open up to the motor court is my problem. It's not like it is a pedestrian oriented plaza. Overall it

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The most interesting aspect to Allen Plaza so far is the new 28-story W Hotel and Residences tower. The building is going to have a heliport on top of the tower. Is that not cool or what. So just think, you can land in your private jet at Dekalb-Peachtree or Charlie Brown Airport, then get on a helicopter and fly downtown to the W Tower, land on the roof, then just simply get off, get on the elevator and go down to your floor and your home or in your hotel room. That is just so awesome!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What a great new addition to the skyline. That view from the Connector was always ripe for some additional buildings. It never showed Atlanta to its fullest with the Merchandise Mart and some other low buildings in prime view. This makes it look much more like the city it actually is.

Archived