Hillary Clinton for President

bmorescottamanda

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have no issue voting for a female presidential candidate. This male thinks its about time! Hillary would have my vote with admiration but unfortunately this sentiment is not shared by enough people :( She is very polarizing as everyone knows. You love her or hate her. Those that don't like her base it on her personality and her politics. I also think that chauvinism also plays a part although most people won't admit it. Too many men in this country are not willing to vote for a woman to be president. Sad.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the women in your family would register and all. It's just that, people shouldn't vote for her just because she's a woman. It's a good sign of progress that she's probably going to run, but, make sure you at least consider her views. I wouldn't vote for her, not because she's a woman, or a democrat, but because I don't support most of her views.

I would most certainly vote for a woman if I knew she was the best person for the job. I'd vote for a transexual if I knew they were the best person for the job. It does not matter in the least what gender they are, or what ethnicity they are.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the women in your family would register and all. It's just that, people shouldn't vote for her just because she's a woman. It's a good sign of progress that she's probably going to run, but, make sure you at least consider her views. I wouldn't vote for her, not because she's a woman, or a democrat, but because I don't support most of her views.

hillary's voting record proves shes alligned more to the middle than the left... but, i doubt that's the real reason someone with republican slants, won't vote for her. the real reason is she is a strong & vocal voice and she intimidates conservative men... who, i believe, want their counterparts to be a little more subserviant. IMO.

i don't know if she could win or not, but, i would vote for her depending on who she was running against, of course..... i really hope wesley clark is re-vamping his campaign, i think he'd make a mighty good leader.

At this point the only democratic candidate that has any hope of winning the 2008 election is John Edwards. Hes very "Bill Clinton" like with his ideas for the direction of our country, Hes also liked in the midwestern states which are strong republican holds. Hes a very likable guy seems like he thinks out of the box. Thats the kind of leader we need. Not the politics as usual guy.

I think Hillary running for President would be just what the "conservatives" and evangelicals would love. It would energize their rabid voting blocks, would give TONS of ammunition for untrue and vicious campaigning agaist her. Whether she would or could run the country well would be so clouded over by hatred for her husband that her qualifications would never be noticed. She was already demonized when she was first lady -- feminazi would be resurrected by all the conservative talk show hosts.

I think it is a huge shame, but I think we have not seen an ugly campaign like we would if she did run. She is WAY too polarizing for the nation right now.

As for a woman being president, I most certainly wish it would happen. Or a minority -- ANYONE other than another old white man. They feel too secure in their power and a good shake up would be delightful.

I do realize that she's more conservative than people realize. But, here are the views of her's that I don't support.

* I don't support a very strong UN. The UN as of lately has not been doing a great job. The Oil For Food program which never really worked out is a perfect example. The UN also gives a safe haven for other countries to get angry at us for not funding the more needy countries, even though we fund them more than any other country.

* I don't think flag burning should be illegal. Though I do consider it highly offensive. Burning the flag is an extreme expression of an opinion. If it causes something more hectic than the burning itself, control should be excercised. Restrictions are what we need.

Those are just two. There are a lot of things that I do agree on with her. I think that there should be stiff restrictions on abortions, so that there is a very limited amount of time to get it done. But I don't think it should be completely outlawed. If a woman gets raped, and she can't support a child at the moment, what else can she do?

If there's anything you don't understand just say so and I'd be glad to clarify further. :D

I don't know about that. I think the surge in (predominantly younger) women voting for her would be offset by old-fashioned older women (don't the elderly vote in droves?) who will vote against her because they've been convinced that women should be raising babies instead of running the country.

Would your grandmother/great aunt/mother vote for her? I know several of mine wouldn't because they're the types that think men should be running things like government, while women are best fit for domestic duties. And my family's from one of the most liberal states in the nation.

I pretty much agree with you on flag burning and abortion, but I disagreee on the UN. Sure the Oil for Food program was a problem, but it is not usually mentioned that most of the people involved were wealthy American Republicans taking advantage of the system. That the UN leadership allowed it to go on was indeed scandalous, and I wouldn't have been disappointed to see Kofi Annan resign over it.

As for aid to needy countries, we are second (to Japan, if I remember correctly) in terms of absolute dollars. However, as a percentage of GNP, the US gives much less than any other Western nation, and a large portion of what we do give goes to just two countries: Egypt and Israel. If the UN gives other nations a forum to demand we pull our weight, I see that as a good thing.

Archived