Hillary Clinton for President

bmorescottamanda

On the original topic of Hillary Clinton for President, I think she's too establishment, too conservative for me to vote for her in a primary. However, if she were to get a Democratic nomination I would support her 100% over a Republican nominee.

Hillary is too hawkish and pro-Iraq war for my tastes, but she's a good politician in other ways.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ As though liberal is a bad word or something. Well I'm a liberal and I don't care what anybody says. We actually have this guy running for re-election in my district, describing himself as a "conservative Democrat." Get over it man!!! Stand up for your priniciples!!! That's what is killing me. Spineless Democrats!!!

^ As though liberal is a bad word or something. Well I'm a liberal and I don't care what anybody says. We actually have this guy running for re-election in my district, describing himself as a "conservative Democrat." Get over it man!!! Stand up for your priniciples!!! That's what is killing me. Spineless Democrats!!!

I'm a big liberal, but have no party affiliation (I like to vote in ALL the primaries. That said, I don't want Hillary to get the nomination. I think she has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected. So as an open note to the powers that be in the DNC, GIVE US SOMEONE WHO CAN GET ELECTED!!!! If the Republicans take the presidency again in '08, I'm going to have to move to Europe.

I agree that too many Democrats are spineless "me too" candidates who should quit describing themselves as conservative.

Its not conservative to want to keep social security a public program, as most people want.

Its not conservative to advocate more health services.

Go down the list of items and its not conservative for any number of these major Democratic ticket issues.

A) Condoleeza Rice isn't a parrot for Bush; she and Bush, among others, are Rove and Cheney's parrots.

B) Hillary isn't nearly as moderate or conservative as she's acting. She knows she can't get elected being a full-on raging left-winger, so she's trying to bat for both teams. Either way, she won't get the nomination, but the primaries will be interesting.

I think the best scenario would be a large Democratic majority in the house with a smaller majority in the senate (like 55-45) and a very moderate Republican or Democrat in the White House.

Having a Republican would force some compromise (Sp?) but having a moderate Democrat and a sizable Republican minority in the senate would keep the Democrats from going too crazy.

It's not that I don't like liberal policies.. it's that I think changing it too fast has negative consequences, and if the Republicans could be there if only to slow down some of the changes, it would give us time to implement reforms and changes more effectively.

Oprah hasn't endorsed anyone. It was only just yesterday on "Meet the Press" that Obama said he was even re-considering running for election. Neither he nor Hillary have said they are running and Oprah hasn't made any endorsements. The claim made above about the race card is simply incorrect.

The GOP opponent to Hillary in the senate race in NY State had this to say about Hillary today.

He says the senator used to be ugly - and speculates she got "millions of dollars" in plastic surgery. "You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew," said John Spencer of Clinton's younger days. "I don't know why Bill married her," he said of the Clintons, who celebrated their 31st anniversary this month.

These are the comments of a desperate man.

I will say that I don't think Hillary could win the election and I don't think she will be nominated the candidate.

The GOP opponent to Hillary in the senate race in NY State had this to say about Hillary today.

He says the senator used to be ugly - and speculates she got "millions of dollars" in plastic surgery. "You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew," said John Spencer of Clinton's younger days. "I don't know why Bill married her," he said of the Clintons, who celebrated their 31st anniversary this month.

Archived