Hillary Clinton for President

bmorescottamanda

The GOP opponent to Hillary in the senate race in NY State had this to say about Hillary today.

He says the senator used to be ugly - and speculates she got "millions of dollars" in plastic surgery. "You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew," said John Spencer of Clinton's younger days. "I don't know why Bill married her," he said of the Clintons, who celebrated their 31st anniversary this month.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe his principles are conservative in nature. Just because one affiliates with a political party doesn't mean they should be broadbrushed in terms of political stereotypes. There are conservative Democrats just as there are RINOs; no big deal. Furthermore, it wasn't that long ago that Democrats were considered the conservative party anyway, and Georgia boasts a nice relic of that era.

I like Obama, but I don't know if he's any more electable than Hillary. Unfortunately, his race would hurt him in many circles, and the fact that he is young and has no political experience other than two years in the Senate will be a liability.

How would people feel about a Clinton - Clinton ticket? :D

There was an article recently about a hypothetical Constitutional dilemna if Bill Clinton were put on the ticket as VP. Presidents can only be elected to two terms in a lifetime, but it's unclear whether that would rule out Bill Clinton as a possible VP candidate, as he could only become president by succession, rather than direct election. However, some believe that electing someone as VP is constituationally electing them as president.

There was an article recently about a hypothetical Constitutional dilemna if Bill Clinton were put on the ticket as VP. Presidents can only be elected to two terms in a lifetime, but it's unclear whether that would rule out Bill Clinton as a possible VP candidate, as he could only become president by succession, rather than direct election. However, some believe that electing someone as VP is constituationally electing them as president.

Wether you love Hillary of hate her, her chances of becoming president, at least in 2008 are not realistic at all. Not only do republicans hate her but many democrats dont care for her either. So it does surprise me that Dick Cheney would bait democrats to support her so the republican nominee would win the presidency in 2008 for sure. This administration is desperate. Cheney down played Obama and other as potential candidates. In reality, the people that he downplayed has the best chance at beating a republican candidate. I thought this was funny because its so blatenly obvious what hes doing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/25/...in2122296.shtml

The reason why I have a hard time believing that she will is because the staunch conservative religous republicans who put Bush in office in the first place wont allow it. The'll come out to the polls in large numbers to make sure it wont happen. Keep in mind this country is about evenly divided.

I don't see what you see in the polls here are some polls that came out about a week ago.

Poll Source Date Democrat % Republican %

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Oct 18-19, 2006 (D)Hillary Clinton 51% John McCain 44%

CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Oct 18-19, 2006 (D)Hillary Clinton 50% Rudy Giuliani 46%

The reason why I have a hard time believing that she will is because the staunch conservative religous republicans who put Bush in office in the first place wont allow it. The'll come out to the polls in large numbers to make sure it wont happen. Keep in mind this country is about evenly divided.

Secondly, America may not be ready for a woman president yet. personally I think sex has nothing to do with a person being qaulified for president. But whats even worse is that we are in a time of war and the perception is that a women leader cant handle war issues and should be a man's job. But even if you believe she could win, she would be a very risky candidate that would likely cost democrats the presidency. If America didnt vote for John Kerry, they wont likely vote for Hillary. You have to think about a candidate that will pull over some republicans. Hilllary btw has very poor poll numbers not just among Americans in general but among democrats. So if the democratic base is not enthusiatic about her. The republicans will take the white house again in 2008. but if you are the opposing party, you are not going to reveal who your real threat is. It doesnt make sense for Cheney to publicly say she can win and then say I hope she doesnt win.

I think the atmosphere is against Hillary a bit because the vast majority of people at UP are males. So, of course there is going to be some bias against her.

Women would turn out in droves to vote her. I think there would also be enough men to push her over the edge.. but it would be close. Against McCain, it would be hard. But I don't really know enough about McCain to justify a vote for him.

He comes off as being moderate, but after I've done a bit of research, he has been shown to be a bit more conservative than I would like. His flip-flopping towards Bush on the torture issue really lost points for him, in my opinion.

I think its more a mater of getting a name in the white house that doesn't end with Bush or Clinton. We need FRESH blood in the White House, Hillary Clinton doesn't bring that to the table, whose next after Hillary? Jeb Bush? then who after that Chelsea?

Its not that I think she couldn't do it. I just want to let someone else give it a try for a change.

• 1 month later...
I think its more a mater of getting a name in the white house that doesn't end with Bush or Clinton. We need FRESH blood in the White House, Hillary Clinton doesn't bring that to the table, whose next after Hillary? Jeb Bush? then who after that Chelsea?

Its not that I think she couldn't do it. I just want to let someone else give it a try for a change.

Archived