Hillary Clinton for President

bmorescottamanda

I got very excited yesterday when her camp announced that she is "considering" a run. She is definitely in and is already interviewing campaign staff. I used to think she was too polarizing but her Senate record has been marked by moderation and bipartisan cooperation. Yes, New York is a Blue state but Upstate NY is still markedly more conservative than the City and she won those counties over resoundingly. She is also tough and knows how to hit back hard when Republicans attack her and won't flail around until it's too late like Kerry did the last go around. I am also a fan of Edwards but I think Hillary would do an outstanding job, so I am leaning heavily for her right now. (I realize nobody cares right now except political junkies like me). Obama will be her biggest threat during the primaries but she is still the automatic frontrunner and will have the most money. I expect that she would beat him in the end and perhaps he would consider veep status.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ you know... i think clinton as president and obama as vice president would be an amazing ticket. not only do i think they would be very difficult to beat, it would smash historic retsraints and would usher in a new era of political voices. i think the country is ready.

From what I've read, I like Obama. I don't really know what to make of Hillary Clinton. Can John Edwards pull in some of the Southern states? I really think the Republicans are going to throw up McCain for their nomination, and he is going to be tough to beat. Whoever the Dems choose, they're going to be going up against very popular, moderate Republicans. It's going to be close again. I'm just glad W will be gone.

From what I've read, I like Obama. I don't really know what to make of Hillary Clinton. Can John Edwards pull in some of the Southern states? I really think the Republicans are going to throw up McCain for their nomination, and he is going to be tough to beat. Whoever the Dems choose, they're going to be going up against very popular, moderate Republicans. It's going to be close again. I'm just glad W will be gone.

^ you know... i think clinton as president and obama as vice president would be an amazing ticket. not only do i think they would be very difficult to beat, it would smash historic retsraints and would usher in a new era of political voices. i think the country is ready.

That would be ideal, but I think Clinton/Obama would lose the BlueDog Democrats in the South, and thus the entire South (the Southern Republicans sure as hell ain't gonna vote for Clinton/Obama). No one can win if they lose the South.

If Clinton's going to win, she'll have to have a Southern running mate.

I can't say if I believe this is entirely true. Don't discount the huge minority populations in the south - they might come out in record numbers to vote for a black candidate. Add to them the other Democrats that won't have issue with a women and black candidate you will have significant numbers. Those that will turn their back on their typical party because of the race of someone might be smaller in number than you think but who knows.

Both of them are hypocritical. The Dems are blasting Walmart where a pretty good percentage of democratic party voters shop.

They are all hypocrites, they are all corrupt, they only care about getting elected. The sooner we realize they are playing us against ourselves and not working for the good of the country, the sooner we can get some good third paty candidates out there (I hope).

^ Don't know how I missed that McCain flyer, that actually happened? I think a vessel just burst in my head... perhaps it will be good for this country to have a serious decline, if we are OK with reptilian actions such as this, somehow this is even lower than voting fraud (don't ask me to explain that one). Why are the personality types that are most successful at climbing to the top of the political system the same ones who are most likely to ruin it for everyone? I'm at a loss for words...

Archived