Hillary Clinton for President

bmorescottamanda

^ Don't know how I missed that McCain flyer, that actually happened? I think a vessel just burst in my head... perhaps it will be good for this country to have a serious decline, if we are OK with reptilian actions such as this, somehow this is even lower than voting fraud (don't ask me to explain that one). Why are the personality types that are most successful at climbing to the top of the political system the same ones who are most likely to ruin it for everyone? I'm at a loss for words...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure it matters if it is true or not, it is the underlying sentiment that pervades the political process and our leadership, and neither party is very different you are right, though there are differences. Environmentalism is a greatly politicized issue, for example. Tree huggers, hippies, liberals, and so on are the stereotypical supporters of it right? Well, I would hope not. Environmentalism is not a political issue, it is simple common sense, I don't care what one's party is. If one preaches family values, then hop on board, because your children and their children are counting on you not to f**k up their future home. Didn't Bush appoint a lobbiest for the big polluters to head up the EPA? WTF??? Yeah, I know it comes down to an economically viability issue for some, but what is the long term cost versus the short term one? Why is that NOT A FACTOR in any of the decisions we make?

The democrats need to take a lesson from the republicans. Forget Iowa and New Hampshire and focus on SC. What ever candidate wins that primary has the best chance of winning the general election. They ignored this advice last time and that idiot Kerry was nominated and he lost. The democrats have moved up this primary so it is even more important. Don't forget that SC is where Bush derailed McCain. This is not Hillary country.

A nomination for Hillary is a sure win for the Republicans unless they run Osama bin Laden as their candidate. Given her baggage she might stand a chance against him.

Forgetting her baggage, I don't think the American electorate is ready to elect a woman for President yet. She would lose on just that account. And for that matter Obama would lose because White America is not ready to vote in a Black man as president either. Obama might make a good running mate however.

I was at The College of Charleston during Bush's scorched earth campaign against McCain. I heard the racist robocalls against him and saw the fliers about him having a black child and saying that his wife was a drug addict. I don't like John McCain but nobody deserves that. Hillary Clinton is always underestimated and I think she would be tough to beat.

Archived