Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

intcvlcphlga

Election Day is fast approaching...

21 posts in this topic

With the 2006 midterm elections fast approaching, it's important that everyone take their vote seriously - know the issues and know where your representatives stand on them. With all of the scandals in Congress and with the Bush Administration, it's time for North Carolina to not just be an automatic win for entrenched incumbents - regardless of their party affiliation. Two Congresspersons who should seriously be in danger of losing their seats are Virginia Foxx and Charles Taylor. Have they put the interests of North Carolinians first or have they put the interests of their party first? However you answer that question, go to the ballot box and make your elected leaders sweat a little as you remind them that they work for you...

I can't wait to vote, although I feel like the outcome won't be to a good one. I hope voting percentages stay above 60% instead of falling into apathy again.

I can't wait to vote, although I feel like the outcome won't be to a good one. I hope voting percentages stay above 60% instead of falling into apathy again.

Just like there is no chance that my district rep, Mel Watt will lose. For Meck Co the County Commision race looks like it is the one to watch this year.

well, i can't wait to vote either. i think the outcome is going to be a step in the right direction. 8 years of some of the worst national governing in history is about to come to an end.

Just like there is no chance that my district rep, Mel Watt will lose. For Meck Co the County Commision race looks like it is the one to watch this year.

I'm interested in becoming more informed about my local government and be ing a more responsible voter. I lean to the left but am not a straight ticket thinker. Anyone have any good links for me?

Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in becoming more informed about my local government and be ing a more responsible voter. I lean to the left but am not a straight ticket thinker. Anyone have any good links for me?

Thanks in advance.

With Election Day one week away, Congresswoman Foxx has once again distinguished herself as someone who refuses to represent all of the 5th District but rather just those who share her view of the world. She has refused to tape her debate with her challenger, Roger Sharpe, unless reporters are barred from the broadcast studio. According to the debate moderator, both candidates were made aware that a reporter from the Winston-Salem Journal would be present at the debate when they agreed to it. She seems to be feuding with the 5th District's largest print media outlet, the Journal, ever since they reported that she returned from an Iraq trip and said that the "war was going well." Additionally, she has turned down 5 invitations to debate Sharpe including an invitation from Wake Forest's WFDD, an NPR affiliate. Does she not believe in public accountability of her actions?

Here's is the Journal article:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...91430496#rrForm

The 8th an the 11th are both on many national polling sites because they are two of NC's only really competitive races. Wouldn't it be amazing if NC picked up 2 Blue seats?

I agree with previous posters that it would signal (at least to me) a true "Democratic tide," as opposed to just media jibberish.

Gee, I thought that we weren't allowed to make political posts... At least I was told not to. Guess it depends on what your views are... ;)

Anyway, voting is tough because neither party is all that great to me. Republicans still don't get what America wants, and they will lose I am afraid. Democrats come across as anti-American to a lot of people. Libertarians are too liberal and can't win. Who can say who will win? The media is deciding the outcome before the election.

Gee, I thought that we weren't allowed to make political posts... At least I was told not to. Guess it depends on what your views are... ;)....

Gee, I thought that we weren't allowed to make political posts... At least I was told not to. Guess it depends on what your views are... ;)

Anyway, voting is tough because neither party is all that great to me. Republicans still don't get what America wants, and they will lose I am afraid. Democrats come across as anti-American to a lot of people. Libertarians are too liberal and can't win. Who can say who will win? The media is deciding the outcome before the election.