Trident Intersections

Bill Mocarsky

There are 3 of these (underperforming) 100% intersections around downtown Hartford.

Albany and Main Streets to the north

Wethersfield, Franklin and Maple Avenus and Park Street on the south

Farmington and Asylum Avenues on the west

Read Tom Condon's

Tapping the Power of Convergence.

The old school way of thinking was to re-invent the core of downtown over and over. I think Hartford would benefit much more if the revitalization efforts focused on the 3 primary tridents that connect downtown with the rest of the city.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 of these (underperforming) 100% intersections around downtown Hartford.

Albany and Main Streets to the north

Wethersfield, Franklin and Maple Avenus and Park Street on the south

Farmington and Asylum Avenues on the west

Read Tom Condon's

Tapping the Power of Convergence.

The old school way of thinking was to re-invent the core of downtown over and over. I think Hartford would benefit much more if the revitalization efforts focused on the 3 primary tridents that connect downtown with the rest of the city.

I never really though about these intersections but now that I do they are great opportunities for the city. Albany Ave and Main Street is something that is right next to downtown and is clogged most of the day with traffic but not much pedestrian traffic or buildings for that matter. Improving this area could help reconnect downtown with the rest of downtown (north downtown) by the Crowne Plaza, butt ugly building and the proposed public safety complex

Archived