What part of the Memphis area are you from?

bluff2085

The forum's been pretty slow so I thought I'd throw this one in...

Edit: I wasn't sure how to post a new poll topic, but the choices are:

-Downtown

-South Memphis

-North Memphis

-Midtown

-East Memphis

-Bartlett

-Germantown

-Collierville

-Desoto County

-other

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I always took it as being Midtown up to Highland, and East Memphis after that. A lot of older Memphians I talk to like to tell about remembering when the city limits basically stopped at Highland--but then Memphians older than them tell similar stories about East Parkway :P

I guess I see Overton Park and Fairgrounds/Cooper Young as two of the more notable centerpieces of Midtown, and figure that Midtown's "boundaries" must stretch a little further east than them.

On the poll, Cordova is glaringly absent, but I marked other.

Can't believe I forgot Cordova! Oops. Sorry! :blush:

I heard a new term (new to me) for the area between East Pkwy. and Goodlett -- "Old East Memphis". That would include Highland Strip/U of M and parts of Highland Terrace.

Personally, I think Midtown stops at Pkwy.

Okay, I had to create a new thread and poll for this topic. I gave the credit to bluff and Rardy, as I am just facilitating their wishes in regards to the poll.

So if everyone doesn't mind.....could they go repost and vote in the new thread? Sorry!!!!! :blush:

PS - If anyone wants to learn how to do a poll, PM me and I will send you step by step instructions. Its no problem, or bother, for me to do this. It may be the next day before I respond, but you will get them if you PM me.

Archived