Charlotte Supermarkets

monsoon

I know for a fact that Lowes Foods policy doesn't allow employees to scan their card for a customer when the customer "forgets" their rewards card. They actually monitor activity on their employees cards and will remove points from their cards and will "write the employee up." They also can be terminated if this is a constant offense. No if the store manager follows thru on this is a different question all together.

I think HT usually asks for your phone # first before scanning a "dummy" card. But they dont want to lose customers, so if you argue just a little they will usually give you the sale price. In talking to and interviewing mystery shoppers, I have found this to be the case.

• 1 month later...

Good news for Rock Hill grocers: Earth Fare may be moving into the old Harris Teeter on Cherry Road, and Compare Foods is moving into the old Winn Dixie on Cherry Road.

Wow, that is good news. Better variety and selection of stores in Rock Hill than anywhere else. In 2 years they will have an HT, Food Lion, Super Bi-LO, Aldi, Compare Foods, and Earthfare all in a mid sized city like Rock Hill. Talk about great competition. All they need now is a Bloom somewhere.

Wow, that is good news. Better variety and selection of stores in Rock Hill than anywhere else. In 2 years they will have an HT, Food Lion, Super Bi-LO, Aldi, Compare Foods, and Earthfare all in a mid sized city like Rock Hill. Talk about great competition. All they need now is a Bloom somewhere.

Bloom's putting in that Fort Mill store, so it's quite possible Rock Hill will see one soon too

Apologies in advance for the slightly off-topic story:

I was driving up Rea Rd yesterday with my wife and kids, and we passed a new office/retail corner development.

I said: "What's going in there anyway?".

My wife said: "I think a couple doctors' offices.".

My 3-year old daughter piped up: "Or maybe a Harris Teeter!".

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the Rosedale Bi-Lo, the one I mentioned above that remodeled then later burned, and while I was there, a black snake came scurrying across the floor near the front of the store. Needless to say it causes a lot of stress amongst the shoppers and store clerks who mostly female at the time. :lol:

I was in the Rosedale Bi-Lo, the one I mentioned above that remodeled then later burned, and while I was there, a black snake came scurrying across the floor near the front of the store. Needless to say it causes a lot of stress amongst the shoppers and store clerks who mostly female at the time. :lol:

I'm sorry...where is the Rosedale Bi-Lo again?

HTs store at 521 and Ardrey Kell is breaking ground now. It's hard to see another HT there. I suppose the blueprint of the store will be similar if not exactly the same as the one down the road at Blakeney. Although I have heard this area is ALREADY to small for the amount of people. Especially the HT and McDonalds are the ones who are busiest. hope they design the 521/Ardrey Kell Plaza a little differently but I doubt they will.

BLOOM TO BUILD STORE WHERE???

INTERSECTION OF DIXIE RIVER RD. & STEELE CREEK RD.

Apparently, according to a sign there, this is where a new bloom will be built. Right now, there is nothing there but Byrum's general store. This must have been there over 50 years because Byrum Rd. is about 3 more miles north up Steele Creek Rd. Maybe at one time this was all Byrum's land?

BLOOM TO BUILD STORE WHERE???

INTERSECTION OF DIXIE RIVER RD. & STEELE CREEK RD.

Apparently, according to a sign there, this is where a new bloom will be built. Right now, there is nothing there but Byrum's general store. This must have been there over 50 years because Byrum Rd. is about 3 more miles north up Steele Creek Rd. Maybe at one time this was all Byrum's land?

It makes sense to put a store there, that area is a bit under served.

It makes sense to put a store there, that area is a bit under served.

Like someone mentioned in another thread, I think the reason being is that they are planning to extend Byrum Rd. out west past Steele Creek. Construction has already begun, though there is a large yellow house still abandoned right around there if I am not mistaken. They have already built a new gas station right near where the Bloom is supposed to go. It's sad though because at one time this area looks like it was a great farming community. If i had land out that way I think I'd hold on to it. The area west of Steele Creek is great country though it will probably soon be overdeveloped. I am sure Bloom isn't the only grocer looking at the 485 corridor west of Hwy 160.

• 3 weeks later...

I know for a fact that Lowes Foods policy doesn't allow employees to scan their card for a customer when the customer "forgets" their rewards card. They actually monitor activity on their employees cards and will remove points from their cards and will "write the employee up." They also can be terminated if this is a constant offense. No if the store manager follows thru on this is a different question all together.

Lowes has "green points" - so if an employee did this, they would be earning points redeemable for merchendise, savings, etc -- probably why they have this policy.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a card carrying VIC member at the Plaza Midwood Teeter. This can also be a meat market, usually more couples than singles however.

There was a faux remodel of this location (new floors, signs, move things around slightly so we can't find them). I was almost hoping for an overhaul, similar to Cotswald, where you wouldnt even recognize the store afterwards. I didnt want that same design as Cotswald, but it would have been nice if they revamped the front of the store and used that old gas station lot in front to expand the store. They could totally use that corner lot, which is at the intersection of two VERY popular streets in this town (Central and The Plaza), to house their deli, some type of cafe or even a Starbucks with suedo-sidewalk seating. Sorry to rant, just feeling a little left out on the Teeter love for this location.

I thought Teeter bought the old gas station land on the corner, am I wrong?? :dontknow:

I agree that the PM Teeter could use some more TLC but I kind of like it's jumbled old school interior. It has a very urban and diverse bustling nature. Dilworth's store is newer but some of the shoppers there get a little too dressed up just to go shopping :lol: And most nights at the East store you could swear you were at a bar judging by the shoppers. The whole place just gets dominated by twenty and thirtysomethings it's pretty funny.

Edited by voyager12

Has anybody heard about the guy from Raleigh (who I'll just refer to by his first name and last initial) who is undertaking a similar adventure as Morgan Spurlock in "Super Size Me"?

The guy is Bennett L. and he is going to show that he can survive on samples and free food from a local supermarket chain for 7 days. He apparently is only going to drink water from the fountain unless there is a wine tasting that day. The food that is allowed are any deli or produce samples and any other sample setup. Obviously, he is doing this in the Raleigh area, so there is no need to mention the supermarket he is going to be doing this at. Let's just say there are 20 or so of the supermarkets in that area, so I guess he will be visiting mulitple stores every day. Good luck to him. I often wondered if this could be done, and I will keep a progress report on his success once I receive word when he is starting. I know it was supposed to be soon.