Charlotte Supermarkets

monsoon

^^wow I used to shop at that Harris Teeter when I lived nearby right after it opened.

In other news from the Charlotte Ledger email today

“Undoubtedly, Wegmans will move into other affluent North Carolina markets, says analyst Phil Lempert, editor of supermarketguru.com. ‘There’ll be one in downtown Charlotte,’ he predicts.” (Business North Carolina) The Ledger went out on a limb in October and predicted a Wegmans in Ballantyne.

and later today I will go by the new Raleigh store as I am up here to check it out.  So excited.   (I not sure I believe Wegmans will do an uptown Charlotte store but I do believe they will be in this market soon) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kermit said:

Heard that the Park Road SC Teeter is about to shutdown for a major remodel.

Have there ever been talks of doing a major remodel to the entirety of Park Road Shopping Center?  I always thought it would be awesome if they built a retail-lined parking deck in place of one of the surface lots, and replaced the remaining surface lots with green space for events/ etc.  It seems like it has potential to being a real town center for that community and some green space would make it much more inviting.

27 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Have there ever been talks of doing a major remodel to the entirety of Park Road Shopping Center?  I always thought it would be awesome if they built a retail-lined parking deck in place of one of the surface lots, and replaced the remaining surface lots with green space for events/ etc.  It seems like it has potential to being a real town center for that community and some green space would make it much more inviting.

Not a chance that thing is a cash cow.  I like your idea though.

I truly believe Wegmans will open in Charlotte in due time and they will have plenty of Charlotte brews on tap.  Notice how concentrated the breweries to the Triangle where they will open 6 stores this Raleigh store being #1.  and a few from west in Greensboro Winston and of course Asheville.    I guess the real question which Charlotte breweries would distribute right now in the Triangle probably only a few if that many.   Brewers  1-3 are distributed  in Charlotte and would be included on our list when Wegmans opens here.  I don't view this a slight to Charlotte brewers only an acknowledgement they will feature local brews when they finally arrive here. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

They will for sure open in Charlotte. I'd assume the first announcement happens in late '20 or early '21 with the first store opening in 2023 based on their Triangle store pipeline and some of them getting pushed out from the original projected opening dates. They typically only like to open 2-3 stores per year, but have exceeded that the last few years with the expansions into several new markets. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2019 at 10:07 AM, grodney said:

Answering my page.....the answer is 23-39, depending on what you count.  Or hell, some people even count stuff outside the county.  

Anyway, the following assumes Nomad is still open.  And assumes Sycamore still brews at their original location, which they were planning to stop, but who knows with them.  Also haven't heard anything more about the Salud move to their own brewing space on Tryon.  And some have said Heist doesn't brew any of their own beer at their original location.  So this is fluid and approximate, hahahahaha.

cltbreweries20191201.jpg

I can confirm that Nomad is still open and doing good.  Actually, I frequent that place quite a lot.  (Let the verbal bashing begin! :tw_tounge_wink:)

• Haha 2

stopped by new Wegmans in Raleigh again this week while passing through.  It is literally right off I-440 the Beltline.  It was mid morning so not as crowded so I could see how big their dining areas really are.  Then went by today and it much more crowded today about the same time.  

they have a huge dining area like a food hall with salad and hot bars, pizza stand (only $5 for personal 4 slice pizza!) sub and sandwich area,  a burger sit down restaurant, Asian bar etc.   Outdoor dining as well plus kids seating.  Literally something for everyone.   This will do well over the Triangle and do well when they come south to Charlotte.  With the new distribution center north of Richmond they are definitely planning on moving further south to Charlotte and maybe other markets in NC and some in SC. 

IMG_8917.JPG

IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_8922.JPG

IMG_9604.JPG

IMG_8920.JPG

• Like 2

stopped by new Wegmans in Raleigh again this week while passing through.  It is literally right off I-440 the Beltline.  It was mid morning so not as crowded so I could see how big their dining areas really are.  Then went by today and it much more crowded today about the same time.  
they have a huge dining area like a food hall with salad and hot bars, pizza stand (only $5 for personal 4 slice pizza!) sub and sandwich area,  a burger sit down restaurant, Asian bar etc.   Outdoor dining as well plus kids seating.  Literally something for everyone.   This will do well over the Triangle and do well when they come south to Charlotte.  With the new distribution center north of Richmond they are definitely planning on moving further south to Charlotte and maybe other markets in NC and some in SC. 

You have a super power for taking people less photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, turbocraig said:

For years he worked at the Chernobyl Chamber of Commerce. 

Спасибо за ваши комментарии! Приятного дня товарищи! 

I can not lie my cleaning lady is Russian and I have been to Kazakstan (only country I could not wait to get out of ) and they say Russia is bleak and believe me it is! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would have never gone to Wegmans for black eyed peas anyway but Publix I am surprised as their major warehouse for this area is in Atlanta.   When in doubt head to Food Lion or Walmart. 

Give Wegmans a few years and a few more open stores in NC and they may change.  

• Like 1