Celtic Media Centre

dan326

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dan for posting this. Hollywood South continues to grow!

This projects says Baton Rouge is serious about the movie industry. This one large project ! The 5-story office in the middle of the development is a great addition from the first site-plan. Many movies are filmed in rural area's whether it be down the river in Plantation Country or the Tunica Hills and Feliciana's. Beautiful swamp scenery and bayou's not too far to the south or the west is also a great benefit. You could get a nice port scene with the cargo too. New Orleans, Shreveport...and all areas in-between should benefit.

Thanks Dan for posting this. Hollywood South continues to grow!

This projects says Baton Rouge is serious about the movie industry. This one large project ! The 5-story office in the middle of the development is a great addition from the first site-plan. Many movies are filmed in rural area's whether it be down the river in Plantation Country or the Tunica Hills and Feliciana's. Beautiful swamp scenery and bayou's not too far to the south or the west is also a great benefit. You could get a nice port scene with the cargo too. New Orleans, Shreveport...and all areas in-between should benefit.

I think it's great. It's great that Shreveport recently got heavy into the business, but it's also great that Baton Rouge is as well. This shows that New Orleans isn't the only game in that area and that Baton Rouge is ready to be a major player.

I'm extremely impressed... blown away, actually... by these renderings.

This is the site were the studio will be located. To the upper right is the Coca-Cola factory. To the far east is Airline Highway and to the far north is I-12.

cmcor9.png

Thanks, Dan, for that graphic. I drove by there the other day and that place is a little spooky, if not some breeding grounds for teen mischief haha. It's relatively tucked away,too. I wonder if you'll be able to see the "tower" from Airline.

• 1 month later...

I would think fairly soon. Hopefully early 07' like everything else.

2007 is going to be a mind-boggling construction year for Baton Rouge. Looks like BR's will be going to the next level.

When do you leave for Dallas, Dan?

I am looking for The Village in Shenandoah website.

2007 is going to be a mind-boggling construction year for Baton Rouge. Looks like BR's will be going to the next level.

No doubt. I'm looking forward to seeing what all happens in '07, if all these projects get off the ground early in the year. How cool would that be? And I'm expecting lots of "crane" photos. :D

When do you leave for Dallas, Dan?

:lol: Richy, you beat me to it. :) I was just thinking about asking the same thing.

You're right. It seems like the smaller projects start immediately, while all the bigger projects are starting next year.I guess they want to start at the same time so that they can create that "wow" factor.

I'm leaving Tuesday and will be back Saturday.

Wow Corey, thanks alot dude! I appreciate that. This is a different type of development I think will do well in the sub-tropical climate of Baton Rouge. The Carribbean-style two-story houses w/ balcony's and palm trees are going go give that area a different feel.

This area around SE BR continues to fil-up. This is near the controversial Shenandoah Country Club that was sold and now being developed into Green Trails. More condo's are going up on Jones Creek Road. Another new subdivision is Forest Creek across Tiger Bend Road from the new Woodlawn Middle School. Springbrook Lakes will be another gated upscale-white-flight development.

BR is famous for one way entry in-and-out of neighboorhoods.

Here you go...The Village in Shenandoah

-corey

Actually I posted that a while ago, but that's o.k. :)

This area around SE BR continues to fil-up. This is near the controversial Shenandoah Country Club that was sold and now being developed into Green Trails. More condo's are going up on Jones Creek Road. Another new subdivision is Forest Creek across Tiger Bend Road from the new Woodlawn Middle School. Springbrook Lakes will be another gated upscale-white-flight development.

Tell me about it. We were driving down Tiger Bend today and it's just neighborhood after neighborhood.And don't get me started on white-flight. I know two people that wanted to move to Denham Springs, but ended up settling in surbia of southeast Baton Rouge and it makes almost no sense because in 10 years their neighborhood will be surronded by 100 just like them .

Sorry Dan, my ADHD is kickin' :lol:

My bad anyway..perfect example..this is the Celtic Media thread not SE BR Development :whistling:

Yeh, about that. ;):)

But, while we're on the subject, I wanted to ask about the new neighborhood adjacent to Wedgewood, what kind of neighborhood is it going to be(condo's/garden homes/etc.)? and is that a diversion canal or a lake?

• 1 month later...

Celtic goes Hollywood

Celtic Studios of Baton Rouge has opened an office in Los Angeles in order to attract film productions to the Capital Region. Linda LeBlanc, general manager and director of marketing, says an office in Los Angeles is important to courting movie and TV projects so as soon as the Baton Rouge office opens, it will be full of activity. The first phase of Celtic Studios is set to open early next year.

(DailyReport)....

I can't wait to see how big this complex will look from I-12 over Airline Hwy!

I go by that site on the interstate everyday to/from school and look over everytime I pass,but I can't tell were the Coca Cola Plant ends and the studios begin. :dontknow:

Maybe the office building in the middle will be like the Shaw headquarters, being that even though the windows suggest 5 stories it might really be 10. :)

If you look closely you can see Master P's unfinished sound studio; looks like an airport hanger. They will start with that then add on from there.

being that even though the windows suggest 5 stories it might really be 10.

Funny Dan, you think like me, I'm always hoping for additional floors. Even at 5-stories you should still easily see it from I-12; just like the 6-story building off Sherwood Forest is easily seen :thumbsup:

If you look closely you can see Master P's unfinished sound studio; looks like an airport hanger. They will start with that then add on from there.

I know where it is now, thanks.

Funny Dan, you think like me, I'm always hoping for additional floors. Even at 5-stories you should still easily see it from I-12; just like the 6-story building off Sherwood Forest is easily seen :thumbsup:

Actually if you look closely at the windows, there is a line in the middle of it. Maybe it's just decoration or maybe ... :)

• 1 month later...

With the ever expanding Coca Cola Co.(magenta/right) outgrowing their current location announced this past week they will be moving operations center to a new location near the airport; I was wondering if Celtic Media Centre(yellow/left) might consider acquiring Coca Cola's property??? This would be a premium location and highly visible from I-12 @ Airline Hwy. Possibly a nice hotel too?? Who knows. This is already a large campus just by looking at the above renderings. This will be interesting to see if it ever happens; as you can see it would double in size!!!

BTW, I think construction has just started; I'll have to check-it out

Aerial compliments of Dan326

cmcor9xb2.png

All the red below is those big Coca-Cola trucks.

With the ever expanding Coca Cola Co.(magenta/right) outgrowing their current location announced this past week they will be moving operations center to a new location near the airport; I was wondering if Celtic Media Centre(yellow/left) might consider acquiring Coca Cola's property??? This would be a premium location and highly visible from I-12 @ Airline Hwy. Possibly a nice hotel too?? Who knows. This is already a large campus just by looking at the above renderings. This will be interesting to see if it ever happens; as you can see it would double in size!!!

Purchasing the Coca-Cola facility would give them plenty of room to grow in the future.

• 2 months later...

Plowing forward with construction regardless of the tax credit status; amongst others Celtic Media Centre is still awaiting pre-certification from the Film Office. Typical bureaucratic red-tape since Sept 06' :dontknow:

Phase I features 10,500sq.ft. of sound stages

more031wr2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Celtic Media Center website. I didn't see it posted anywhere. Not a lot on the site yet but I expect to see a lot more in the not too distant future. Holden had said a week or so ago that it was expected to open in August and that four movies would be shooting simultaneously in BR in starting in September. Don't know if all four will be with Celtic or not.

http://www.thecelticmediacentre.com/index.shtml

Thanks for the website drew and for revving this up this thread again :shades: Hopefully they will start making some of those movies. BR makes for a nice focal point between Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Memphis, Emerald Coast beaches; not to mention the Big Easy, Cajun country, Plantation Country, and major universities.

Can't wait to see the cool looking 5-story building go-up in the middle of the Celtic Media Centre campus!

Wonder what will become of the old Coca-Cola plant next to Celtic; prime location Airline Hwy. at I-12! Adding to that something nice next door at the current site of the demolishished Plantation Inn.

My brother has a cool little movie clip he'd like to promote.

Archived