Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaleighBoy

I need Help

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a picture of the "Raleigh City Limits" sign with the population etc.? I am trying to get a tattoo of that, and I am having a hard time finding one. I currently live in San Diego, but Raleigh is where I was born and raised and it holds a special place in my heart. Please Help! My email address is [email protected] Thanks!

Does anyone have a picture of the "Raleigh City Limits" sign with the population etc.? I am trying to get a tattoo of that, and I am having a hard time finding one. I currently live in San Diego, but Raleigh is where I was born and raised and it holds a special place in my heart. Please Help! My email address is [email protected] Thanks!

never seen a city limits sign for Raleigh with the population.....

There is a "Welcom to Raleigh, the Capital City" sign on Glenwood just west of Plesant Valley, across from Townridge, but it doesn't have a population number. I can't find any pictures online of it -- white letters on wood.

With Raleigh's ever expanding population, are you sure you want a number permanently etched into your skin?

This has got to be the ODDEST thread I've seen since I joined urbanplanet. :wacko:

I will just say there use to be a bar in Raleigh called "Raleigh City Limits". Anyone know where it was?

Most of you were probably still in diapers when RCL was here.

PS---I know there is a country bar now called "City Limits". I think toward Garner.

There is "City Limits Saloon" in the Charlie Goodnight's complex in the space that was the New Bar, Have a Nice Day Cafe, and who knows what else. There was something "city limits" ish in the strip mall behind the Taco Bell on 401/70 just south of the Wilmington Street split, but I don't know what it is now.

As far as Raleigh City Limits, I'd guess Cameron Village, Hillsborough Street, or somewhere in the East Whittaker/Wake Forest Road/Hodges Road/Creekside Drive area, eventually giving rise to the Longbranch.

There is "City Limits Saloon" in the Charlie Goodnight's complex in the space that was the New Bar, Have a Nice Day Cafe, and who knows what else.