President Bush to visit Greensboro Wednesday 10/18/06

cityboi

Well you might know with the low poll numbers the president and congress are getting, Bush will be campaining hard in the south. Hes suppose to visit an elementary school in east Greensboro, head down to Randolph County to Kyle Petty's Victory Juction then back to Greensboro to a campaign party in a 11,000 sqaure feet private mansion in the affluent Irving Park. The owner of the mansion is a big financial support for the republican party and is the U.S. ambassador to some country. I'll bet he wont be going to a home in the projects. ;) anyways I think its Bush's 4th or 5th time hes been to Greensboro. I know hes been to Winston Twice. Apparently the Triad has a strong republican base thats throwing big dollars to the republican party. The president goes where the money is.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be noted that Bush visited the district of a pretty safe Democratic member to the US congress. He avoided the districts of two Republicans whose campaigns are challenged, Robin Hayes and Charles Taylor. They are trying to distance themselves from Bush. However later last night, there was a secret cookout at one of the Petty's home to raise funds for the GOP. Both Hayes and Taylor showed up for that. The press was not allowed to attend this event.

It should be noted that Bush visited the district of a pretty safe Democratic member to the US congress. He avoided the districts of two Republicans whose campaigns are challenged, Robin Hayes and Charles Taylor. They are trying to distance themselves from Bush. However later last night, there was a secret cookout at one of the Petty's home to raise funds for the GOP. Both Hayes and Taylor showed up for that. The press was not allowed to attend this event.

My wife teaches 6th grade, and was quite disappointed along with many other teachers that he didn't come to her school... because they all wanted to instruct him in the realities of the no child left behind plan (that it actually does the exact opposite, and not mysteriously so). She was surpirsed the teachers at Faulkner didn't comment on this - I informed her any teacher doing so would find themselves quickly out of employment, and she didn't believe that could happen. But then most people don't realize that elections are openly fixed still in this country in this day and age.

Archived