H.B. Davis Building

mikel

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand wanting to preserve history and it's a crime that the building was allowed to deteriorate to the point that it did however I think it needed to be put out of its misery.

I agree. But this building's demise was not a positive moment. We have no plan for this site and it's just another old building to crumble down because of I-84.

I agree. But this building's demise was not a positive moment. We have no plan for this site and it's just another old building to crumble down because of I-84.

The demolition of the H.B. Davis building could represent the end of an era; perhaps it's the last casualty of I-84. Most of the other buildings went down immediately before construction of the highway. Some of the others subsequently came down. But remarkably, this one took 50 years to fall.

I would like to think of the demolition of Capitol West as the beginning of a new era.

The demolition of the H.B. Davis building could represent the end of an era; perhaps it's the last casualty of I-84. Most of the other buildings went down immediately before construction of the highway. Some of the others subsequently came down. But remarkably, this one took 50 years to fall.

I would like to think of the demolition of Capitol West as the beginning of a new era.

Well put. Capitol West will be nice to see gone, hopefully I-84 follows and we finally have an Asylum Hill again.

While I agree that its nice to see this eyesore gone, another parking lot in its absence isn't appealing to me. Its like the lesser of two evils. When you drive in that area now, there is so much dead surface space its amazing.

Maybe Segarra can somehow make this area attractive to developers where others have failed for the last 30 years. I had heard that UCONN was kicking around the idea for a new medical school here while leaving John Dempsey as a research facility. Now is the time.

Archived