Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Adventure Science Museum to get new Planetarium

11 posts in this topic

A 20 million dollar expansion of the planetarium is in the works. The old planetarium will be torn down and a new one will be built in its place. I know it will be larger but do not know how much larger, but this is great news again for the DT area. This is from Channel 4 but related article was not on the web site yet.

There is also an expansion of the Nashville Children's theater in the works as well.

So its going on top of the existing Planetarium?

woah.. i'm slow. disregard haha[edit]

where is the Planetarium located in Nashville?

Here is a link from the Tennessean about the Science center.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...NEWS04/61017015

The Adventure Science Center is located on the other side of I 40 from DT, right at the 2nd & 4th Ave. exit. If you are coming from Franklin, it would be on your right on the hill as you get on 40 off of 65 going east.

Great news, and a good step in the direction of making this city more exciting for everyone of all ages. Lord knows that children won't be excited over a new tapas bar or give two craps about how a building relates to the street. lol

Great news, and a good step in the direction of making this city more exciting for everyone of all ages. Lord knows that children won't be excited over a new tapas bar or give two craps about how a building relates to the street. lol

This sounds like a first rate project and a great addition to the city.

A 20 million dollar expansion of the planetarium is in the works. The old planetarium will be torn down and a new one will be built in its place. I know it will be larger but do not know how much larger, but this is great news again for the DT area. This is from Channel 4 but related article was not on the web site yet.

There is also an expansion of the Nashville Children's theater in the works as well.

OMG, there's a tapas bar in Nashville? Where? I loooove tapas, they're so cool and I picked up an appreciation of them in Spain.

This is great news!! I was surprised to read in the article that planetariums are becoming more popular nationwide. I like that trend since I've always been kind of a space fanboy. I will deff. have to check it out once it is complete in '09 ---- count me among the 500,000!

This is great news!! I was surprised to read in the article that planetariums are becoming more popular nationwide. I like that trend since I've always been kind of a space fanboy. I will deff. have to check it out once it is complete in '09 ---- count me among the 500,000!