Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JunktionFET

2006-2007 "Smartest state award"

8 posts in this topic

2006-2007 Smartest State Award

I'm not sure exactly what this test illustrates, except that maybe we have another excuse to bolster our snobby and elistist attitudes... :lol: until you look at how far ahead Viriginia is... Oh well.

Last year we were ranked 22, this year we've slipped to 23. It happens to the best though. Check out Minnesota--dropped from 6 to 13.

Moore County public schools were very strict with attendance during my time

Moore County public schools were very strict with attendance during my time

It is a foggy line for sure, NC and VA find themselves labelled both "southeast" and "midatlantic"... However I've observed VA being called "midatlantic" far more than "southeast", and the opposite is true for NC.

It is a foggy line for sure, NC and VA find themselves labelled both "southeast" and "midatlantic"... However I've observed VA being called "midatlantic" far more than "southeast", and the opposite is true for NC.

^ Well the large slave-owning population of Virginia was the result of more fertile land to develop as opposed to North Carolina being more enlightened when it came to race relations. Not a knock against NC, just an opinion.

Not suprised about the rankings, although I am surprised that Georgia didn't finish dead last.

^ Well the large slave-owning population of Virginia was the result of more fertile land to develop as opposed to North Carolina being more enlightened when it came to race relations. Not a knock against NC, just an opinion.

Not suprised about the rankings, although I am surprised that Georgia didn't finish dead last.

Wrong.

Someone said a while back ago on another forum that "NC didn't have a 'dog in the fight' curing the Civil War".

He was right :whistling: