Old cartoon-like map of Greater Hartford

Captain59

When I was a kid, we had one of those cartoon maps of Hartford hanging on the wall...similar to what you can pick up today as a tourist in places like Mystic that show you where things are, although this was poster size. This map must have been in the late 70s or early 80s. Two things I remember was Gordie Howe being on it, and some runner in the Glastonbury area saying, "Join the Glen Lochen Mini Marathon!" Does anyone have any idea what I'm refering to? If so, any idea where I might be able to find it again?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a kid, we had one of those cartoon maps of Hartford hanging on the wall...similar to what you can pick up today as a tourist in places like Mystic that show you where things are, although this was poster size. This map must have been in the late 70s or early 80s. Two things I remember was Gordie Howe being on it, and some runner in the Glastonbury area saying, "Join the Glen Lochen Mini Marathon!" Does anyone have any idea what I'm refering to? If so, any idea where I might be able to find it again?

you should push hartford's department of tourism or chamber of commerce to make one. they're really great maps for tourists to give a good general idea of getting around and where the attractions are. i had one of the east side of providence that i used when i first moved here (although it wasn't really good for the rest of providence) and i've seen them for some of hte smaller towns in CT as well. tourists love those maps because they're generally easier to figure out than a regular street map (mainly because they have all the attractions pointed out).

Archived