Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rardy

What's your favorite building in Memphis metro?

What's your favorite building in Memphis Metro?   38 members have voted

1. 1. Memphis Highrises

• Sterick (downtown)
    • Lincoln American (downtown)
    • Clark Tower (east)
    • Hilton (east)
    • Morgan Keegan (downtown)
    • The Tower at Peabody (downtown)
    • International Place (east)
    • 100 North Main (downtown)
    • One Commerce (Suntrust, downtown)
    • 1st Tennessee (downtown)
    • White Station Tower (east)
    • Exchange Building (downtown)
    • Renaissance (east)
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance for any significant buildings I left out. :P

I also didn't include One Beale or Trinity since I assumed they'd get the majority of votes.

If you need help picturing a specific building, click here.

I say the Clark Tower mainly because it looks so out of place where it is, and you can see it from pretty much everywhere unlike downtown. I think it's a great focal point in the city and is located in the exact center of Shelby County.

I voted other. Crescent Center at Poplar/Ridgeway is my favorite.

The Peabody Hotel. My second favorite is the Sterick Building.

The Clark Tower, probably because I see it the most. It looks pretty cool when your at Shelby farms, and at night when its all lit up. Its probaby the most lit up skyscraper at night besides the First Tennessee building.

I don't get why people are voting for the Sterick, I think that building needs to be bulldozed immediately.

I think that building needs to be bulldozed immediately.

It's old, falling apart, and taking up space. My question is, what's not wrong with it?

Of course Sterick but I went with Hilton East. I am sucker for cylindrical designs with a modern touch. It looks very nice driving along the freeway.

Of course Sterick but I went with Hilton East. I am sucker for cylindrical designs with a modern touch. It looks very nice driving along the freeway.

I am very fond of the Clark Tower. It's old but I don't get that outdated vibe from it. It still has a very powerful and commanding presence out East. I would like to see some others built in the area.

I would like to see some others built in the area.

You can see the clark tower everywhere. I was near the UPS store by Wolfchase and I saw it.

You can also see it going down Covington Pike by the car dealerships and then it disappears in trees as you get closer to I-240.

As well as seeing the whole East Memphis skyline from shelby farms, if you look really close on a clear day you can see the downtown skyline. I have seen it on top of Walnut Grove Rd. as your heading west on the top of the hill past the Agricenter entrance, on the chicksaw trail that runs parallel to Mullins Station Rd., as well as different spots along Mullins Station Rd.

I also thought I would share with you that as your heading west on I-40, right when you go over the bridge for exit 18 (Highway 64) and look over the mall, you can see the top of the 100 n main bldg and One Commerce Square.

Downtown Memphis is more visible than you think it is, you just have to know where to look. :thumbsup:

As well as seeing the whole East Memphis skyline from shelby farms, if you look really close on a clear day you can see the downtown skyline. I have seen it on top of Walnut Grove Rd. as your heading west on the top of the hill past the Agricenter entrance, on the chicksaw trail that runs parallel to Mullins Station Rd., as well as different spots along Mullins Station Rd.

I also thought I would share with you that as your heading west on I-40, right when you go over the bridge for exit 18 (Highway 64) and look over the mall, you can see the top of the 100 n main bldg and One Commerce Square.

Downtown Memphis is more visible than you think it is, you just have to know where to look. :thumbsup:

You can also see 100 N. Main on the westbound ramp from G'town Pkwy. to Walnut Grove.

Hmmm...you have to look toward the right to see the buildings from I-40?? It's over the mall? Well no wonder! I've been looking straight ahead!

And just think what it'll look like with One Beale... :thumbsup: