Gateway Embassy Suites Hotel

dfwtiger

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all will be glad to know one of the reasons was because the city council stood up and told the architects that the roof had to go. So they are going to redo the roof and add a few more special touches.

Well, they jumped on the "Hammon's Train" rather quickly. So you reap what you sow. I'm glad to see them stand up for this change.

They are supposedly planning the route to connect Ridley and CS. I don't think it has gotten to right-of-way purchasing yet, but that may start sooner rather than later. Malco is accross the street from Kroger and Home Depot is between Kroger and Publix.

Does anybody know all the projects that are going in at Ridley and I-24 in Smyrna? I know of two multiplex theaters (Roxy and Malco). I know where Roxy is going, but not Malco... where? What else?

Also, any updates on discussions to link Ridley to Cool Springs?

All federal transportation dollars are funneled through the Metropolitan Planning Organization. They establish the TIP....Transportation Improvement Program. The TIP is a list of priority projects within the planning area. These are the projects that get the funding.

Sam Ridley connecting to Cool Springs has been on the books for some time. (This project may be part of Rutherford and/or Williamson county's Master Thoroughfare Plan....this would be the place to look....the TIP is first. In the end, the decision will be made by the property owners.....if they have money and clout....the project will be difficult. If not....you know the story.

You can learn more about your local MPO at the following address:

http://www.nashvillempo.org/

Well, not quite all of us are glad of that.

Dont tell me you subscribe to the garbage Hammons vomits out Reliant J. :blink: He is anything but a blessing to the communities he has properties in. Both on the civic level and the design/appeal level. I liken his creativness to that of a three year old with a sand box.

I'm not a defender of Hammons by any stretch, but he did put up a fairly attractive hotel in Richardson, TX (albeit a boxy design just the same). It is part of their civic center with arena complex at Galatyn Park. And it's on the Northern Dart line. Anyway, I mention this b/c the city of Richardson forced him to adhere to strict guidelines for the building. Hopefully, Murfreesboro will be at least partly as firm with their requirements. Sounds like somebody there at least knows how ugly that roof would be.

Dont tell me you subscribe to the garbage Hammons vomits out Reliant J. :blink: He is anything but a blessing to the communities he has properties in. Both on the civic level and the design/appeal level. I liken his creativness to that of a three year old with a sand box.

I don't know a whole lot about Hammons, so I certainly don't subscribe to his words or even necessarily his design. Normally my beef with this situation would simply be that I don't believe governments should dictate aesthetic decisions to property owners. The situation is different here because of the property ownership situation, but I'm also unhappy with the city's role in that, so from my perspective there's much to be dissatisfied with.

Well, consider that it is the city's project to begin with. He signed on to do it for them, so what they want overrides what he wants in some cases. Design being one of them. This was a project the city brought on and saw to the current phase. So I think they have total say in what it looks like.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are links to a couple of articles posted in the last 24 hours about the groundbreaking ceremony. This first one is from the Nashville Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...html?from_rss=1

This one is from The Murfreesboro Post, and includes a photo of those in attendance:

http://murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=1283

Edited by Relient J