Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grock

WFSB Broadcast House replaced by High Rise

120 posts in this topic

Word on the street it is a done deal. Building has been sold, will be demolished, replaced by some kind of high rise.

Wow this is great news....although its sad that now only one Hartford news station is actually in Hartford but whatever this highrise may be maybe it can help in reconnecting that edge of downtown with the rest

Wow this is great news....although its sad that now only one Hartford news station is actually in Hartford but whatever this highrise may be maybe it can help in reconnecting that edge of downtown with the rest

Word on the street it is a done deal. Building has been sold, will be demolished, replaced by some kind of high rise.

Consider me surprised, intrigued, but skeptical. How does a deal like this get done relatively quietly and quickly while the corner of Main and Asylum still sits as a parking lot? If this happens it better be a wake up call to the owners of that "parking lot."

I'm sure its a long shot to incorporate the old hotel on the plaza into this proposed development. Regardless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a mixed use tower (maybe hotel?) best suited for the Central Business District.

I'd assume the old Clarion would be history. Thi sis gret news though, that area needs some residential more than any other part of downtown...

Please be a Westin, Hyatt or something nice. I think a Residential/office or Residential/hotel would be perfect. Maybe we could get a Westin with some residential like Providence is getting. Also, W hotels looks like they will have a hotel/residentail tower for the proposed 110 westminster project.

I'll take a hotel. Has there been any word if the Wohlman's are planning to expand the Marriott anytime soon?

I'll take a hotel. Has there been any word if the Wohlman's are planning to expand the Marriott anytime soon?

Consider me surprised, intrigued, but skeptical. How does a deal like this get done relatively quietly and quickly while the corner of Main and Asylum still sits as a parking lot? If this happens it better be a wake up call to the owners of that "parking lot."

I'm sure its a long shot to incorporate the old hotel on the plaza into this proposed development. Regardless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a mixed use tower (maybe hotel?) best suited for the Central Business District.

The Hartford tax system rewards empty lots.

So it's better to sell buildings as places to build on rather thsn empty lots.

Surveyors, Architects, taking pictures of Constitution Plaza and Broadcast House all week long. You can see them from the Phoenix.

Surveyors, Architects, taking pictures of Constitution Plaza and Broadcast House all week long. You can see them from the Phoenix.

Does any one remember the original name of the Constitution Plaza hotel? It was pre-Sonesta...

The hot rumor is a Westin Hotel. I'm trying to find out about the old Clarion/Summit/Sonesta.

Does any one remember the original name of the Constitution Plaza hotel? It was pre-Sonesta...

how was none of this in the paper? i would assume another 20 story building downtown would be newsworthy, no?

how was none of this in the paper? i would assume another 20 story building downtown would be newsworthy, no?